Thread: Remote Control Dictionary/Keys?

Remote Control Dictionary/Keys?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand what information I can query the tricaster's webserver for. I've seen references from the remote control sdk for a dictionary object that has keys like "switcher" and "macros_list"...Is there documentation about what all the keys we can query are?

Are there other objects like dictionary that hold information about the configuration, recording session, etc?

thanks for a point in the right direction.

Sorry to be slow replying. We were just in the process of updating the Automation and Integration Guide, which includes the information I think you are interested in. You can get the updated version (not promising it's final ... well, really, it's never final) here: http://new.tk/AIGuide

By the way, those who have used this document before will notice that the shortcut reference it previously contained has been removed. While this is regrettable, in some ways, please be assured we have the intention to replace it with something better soon. In the meantime, the Guide ford explain how to find shortcuts the 'hard way'.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for this!

Pages 68 and 69 have a listing of the dictionary commands which will get you lots of information about the system. Also there is the 'version' command which will get you video format and model of the system in question.

Code:
    http://tc-ip/v1/version
    An XML document will be returned with all of the information.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post

By the way, those who have used this document before will notice that the shortcut reference it previously contained has been removed. While this is regrettable, in some ways, please be assured we have the intention to replace it with something better soon. In the meantime, the Guide ford explain how to find shortcuts the 'hard way'.
    Wow, this is a very important change ! Can you elaborate a bit more why this was removed from the document ? Maybe the plan is to get something easier to update ?

So today, if I understand correctly we have to go through the shrotcuts_cfg file to find information about available commands, right ?

Thanks,

Jerome

I just record a macro of what I'm wanting and then translate that into a http/websocket command.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Sure, but sometimes you have to customize the macros because they are not recorded the way you'd like, add arguments etc. So in these cases the list in integration guisewas useful.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    So today, if I understand correctly we have to go through the shortcuts_cfg file to find information about available commands, right ?
    For the moment, yes. But just to tip my hand, here's where we're going with this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	command ref.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	142858
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")