Thread: Wireless HDMI video transmission kit recommendations.

Wireless HDMI video transmission kit recommendations.

I am in the process of looking for another HDMI video transmission kit. I need at least 300'. I bought one several years ago that said 900' and I never got more than 300' line of sight. Now for some reason it barely goes 150' which is not going to work. Does anyone have a favorite? I would like 1000' guaranteed if possible but can I keep that under $2100?

The distance you want usually requires a lot of money. Most of the cheaper ones I have seen use 5ghz range (wifi) and as a result of more and more devices in that frequency range your devices distance dies off. I would regularly test devices in empty gyms and get close to the advertised distance when it was empty but as soon as it was a full gym even with line of site I would get all sorts of drop outs and such.

Best luck I had was with the Teradek Bolt devies. Their cheap ones are at your budget but usually only advertising 500ft. Their longer distance devices will go for double if not triple what you are looking for budget wise.

Well, actually I have one that I got from Camera Motion Research last year and I love it. I have looked and can't seem to find anything that even compares to its range for the price. I don't even know why I looked any other place.
    I have gotten a 1/4 mile easy and not so much line of sight. I get 400' non line of sight all the time. I ordered another one from them because I could not find anything else better for the price.
    I guess they must be a hidden gem.

So you already have one that you don't like that is several years old but you do have one that is a year old that does do what you are looking for At your price point but want a new solution despite being happy with it?

I know, I know. Sometimes a person has to be satisfied. The one I have that I bought a while ago just won't cut it. The one I got last year is great. I just didn't know if something came into the market I had not heard about. The one I have works great. I guess I shouldn't push the issue. Go with what works for me and be satisfied. Don't make me feel bad for looking.

Nothing wrong with looking for more but it seemed like you didn't have anything while you seemingly have something very cool Is all. I tried out a lot of devices just over a year ago but your brand wasn't on my radar. Thanks

I can send you a link if you want. It does work great. They are very nice to deal with and stand behind their products very well.

Started to work on a experiment project to transmit video over for 10Km-15Km.
    Using this devices and a few others it can be done.
    https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Nano.../dp/B00HXT8K4O

Will update after experiment.

Tomer