Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TriCaster quirks after latest update.

I totally get that you're looking to do a good thing, Steve. Your advice is probably quite practical for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me. Apologies if I upset you, it just feels like every time there's a problem with software the same advice comes out like it somehow mitigates what has become a bit of a trend. I'm sure that's not what you're shooting for, but when you're paying for the kit it can sometimes be read differently.

Okay, I'm actually getting a little upset. I worked on my TriCaster for 16 hours last weekend getting it up to par and running the way I want it after installing drivers and things it needed that no one tells you that it needs.
    Well, I have been working with tech support on this as well and they highly recommended that I update the newer and better update.
    So, I took the bait and did it. I updated to the newest on that has a C at the end of it. I think it registers as 180706C. Well, it seems to be okay but every time I log in to a session it says, Exception Logged. That means something is not right again. What does this mean? Why is their software so stinking crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by webslave View Post
    ... it just feels like every time there's a problem with software the same advice comes out like it somehow mitigates what has become a bit of a trend.
    I can assure you that when there is an issue with the software no-one is more perturbed than me, with the exception of Andrew Cross. The reason this advice is offered from time to time is because in many cases when problems do arise - and let's face facts, problems will arise from time to time - the ensuing difficulties, including downtime, would often be drastically reduced if people took advantage of the custom backup feature.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So, what is the Exception Logged on this one? I hope support gets back to me pretty soon. I have a big stream tomorrow.

It's too early in the day for me to follow up, sorry. It's on the top of my list of things to do as people arrive.

It's not immediately clear whether the build you installed is the one currently on the downloads page, and whether that has been updated in the last couple of days or not, but even if it isn't always apparent here, I always look into this sort of thing personally. At times it seems best to step back and refer an item those best positioned to respond directly (I often say 'there's no point in me serving as the string between two tin cans'), but I'm never far away - including weekends and holidays.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

2005 NewTek Demo Guru
    I just wanted to point out here that there is another thread under "Tricaster Community" where NewTek Engineering has posted the link to a new build of 5-1, it's 5-1-180820. So far, this has worked well for me. I wanted to include this since someone in this thread mentioned build 5-1-180706, which is the build on the website, and the build that is known to have issues.

The thread with the post from NewTek Engineering can be found here (about 10th post down in the thread):
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...Update-Warning

It goes without saying that this is a beta build. Others have also reported in this thread that NewTek has supplied to them the previous release of 5-1 that was posted before 180706 (I'm not sure of that build number) and that build is stable. FYI, Jon.
    Last edited by JonCrowe; 09-20-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

Okay, I updated to the beta and the Exception Logged went away. I tried a stream and it worked. I don't know what issue may come up but at least no error of any sort pops up.

I have confirmed that the release version was updated yesterday (although the accompanying description on the site might not have been).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

When I did the update from the TriCaster page this morning it gave me an update that had the 706 with a C at the end. That is the update that had the Exception Logged in it. I then went into a beta that support gave me a couple days ago and updated with it, and the exception went away. The number changed to 911C at the end. The only thing I notice about this last one is that is does not load quite as fast as the one before I had did.

Quote Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    When I did the update from the TriCaster page this morning it gave me an update that had the 706 with a C at the end
    I'll ask QA to double-check this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I went in to my other mini that I have that is not being used this week and did the update from their site. When I get done with the update it still says 706C at the end and not the 911 like it says it should be. If I update using the one that support sent me it goes to the 911. Does anyone know what is going on????

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post

Newtek has recently promoted someone in to a new position to directly manage the customer experience, so I'm pretty hopeful about that. But for the time being, you *must* scour the forums before updating.
    I am hopeful too but also see they are trying to hire a QA engineer right now which is usually what you need when you are having trouble with bugs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12