Thread: Unable to broadcast 1080p to YouTube with Mini w/ Advanced

Unable to broadcast 1080p to YouTube with Mini w/ Advanced

Hello everyone. So, I'm a student at a high school and we broadcast sports, little news pieces, talk shows, the works. Well, so far, I have been unable to get YouTube working with 1080p30 broadcasting. Using the built in YouTube tool, it just spits out a bitrate stream error. I then tried to stream using flash custom settings, but it seems like I can't get that to work either. YouTube has a maximum of 5,000 kb stream or 5 megabit and the Tricaster's only default option is at around 6 megabit. This may be the issue. My question is how to create a custom streaming profile for the Advanced Edition because all of the tutorials I find seem to be out of date or just not working. Thanks!

This is happening to us too. Also at a High School. The Using a Mini w/Advanced as well. The built in YouTube option to select the YouTube event was working, and now it isn't. This is with a generic Google account, not a GSuite for education account. It's worth pointing out that although we aren't doing any network filtering for this VLAN that the tricaster is running on, it's still getting the normal DNS hack that forces Youtube to be filtered, this is likely not the cause, but worth mentioning. I might try using Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 DNS on the local machine, I'll post back if this fixes it (It likely won't)

(This is the "hack" that I'm referring to https://support.google.com/a/answer/6214622?hl=en )
    Last edited by jmhalder; 09-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.

I didn't even change DNS on the tricaster. I just blew down the cache on IE, signed out, and signed in to the YouTube streaming configuration on the Tricaster. Works fine now. Weird that it got so hung up, previously, I couldn't sign in properly (it wouldn't show my events). Seems to be good now. Homecoming football game is tonight. Hopefully the tricaster and other tech can work, if only for just today.

I'm gonna bump this only once to see if anyone had any better luck. We started to just use an Elgato Game Capture device plugged into a decent laptop running Open Broadcaster Software and LiveText. The two seem to work flawlessly together. The HDMI output is a bit to swallow for the Elgato, but with some tinkering, I can almost always have an 1080p30 or 720p60 stream going at whatever bitrate I would need with OBS. It works wonders, but I still wish we wouldn't have issues doing this in the box itself. It's tiring enough trying to get it to work, it seems a second PC is our only option at this point as it doesn't seem NewTek (and I say this with tons of love) cares enough to fix it or tell me how to fix it.

Have you tried working with Customer Support?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Andrew Carlson
    First off, have you updated the Intel drivers?
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...ighlight=Intel

Second, we don't use the built in YouTube Streaming option. I use the "Custom" RTMP settings and just plug in the "Server URL" and the "Stream name/key" I'm able to select the 1080 profile and have used it successfully in the last week. This option also saves you a lot of back and forth between the browser and the tricaster. All you do is set up you profile in the tricaster and the just hit the stream button and it starts. The only drawback is you can't have "scheduled" events.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Have you tried working with Customer Support?
    Have not tried that, will try soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nsdV View Post
    First off, have you updated the Intel drivers?
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...ighlight=Intel

Second, we don't use the built in YouTube Streaming option. I use the "Custom" RTMP settings and just plug in the "Server URL" and the "Stream name/key" I'm able to select the 1080 profile and have used it successfully in the last week. This option also saves you a lot of back and forth between the browser and the tricaster. All you do is set up you profile in the tricaster and the just hit the stream button and it starts. The only drawback is you can't have "scheduled" events.
    We haven't updated the Intel drivers yet, thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. The RTMP settings have never worked for me, even using the 1080p profile. I also was testing it before YouTube was allowing above 5000 kbps for 4k so that may have changed. Still would love a way to change bit rate natively in the Tricaster. Thanks for the help.