Thread: Unable to broadcast 1080p to YouTube with Mini w/ Advanced

Unable to broadcast 1080p to YouTube with Mini w/ Advanced

Hello everyone. So, I'm a student at a high school and we broadcast sports, little news pieces, talk shows, the works. Well, so far, I have been unable to get YouTube working with 1080p30 broadcasting. Using the built in YouTube tool, it just spits out a bitrate stream error. I then tried to stream using flash custom settings, but it seems like I can't get that to work either. YouTube has a maximum of 5,000 kb stream or 5 megabit and the Tricaster's only default option is at around 6 megabit. This may be the issue. My question is how to create a custom streaming profile for the Advanced Edition because all of the tutorials I find seem to be out of date or just not working. Thanks!

This is happening to us too. Also at a High School. The Using a Mini w/Advanced as well. The built in YouTube option to select the YouTube event was working, and now it isn't. This is with a generic Google account, not a GSuite for education account. It's worth pointing out that although we aren't doing any network filtering for this VLAN that the tricaster is running on, it's still getting the normal DNS hack that forces Youtube to be filtered, this is likely not the cause, but worth mentioning. I might try using Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 DNS on the local machine, I'll post back if this fixes it (It likely won't)

(This is the "hack" that I'm referring to https://support.google.com/a/answer/6214622?hl=en )
    Last edited by jmhalder; 09-14-2018 at 08:57 AM.

I didn't even change DNS on the tricaster. I just blew down the cache on IE, signed out, and signed in to the YouTube streaming configuration on the Tricaster. Works fine now. Weird that it got so hung up, previously, I couldn't sign in properly (it wouldn't show my events). Seems to be good now. Homecoming football game is tonight. Hopefully the tricaster and other tech can work, if only for just today.