Thread: How do I keep my TriCaster Mini cool?

How do I keep my TriCaster Mini cool?

We just recently got a new press box. Very nice for sure, but they cut out air conditioners. The front is almost all glass and it is like a green house inside. It is hot to say the least. It will be 90 or more tomorrow which means it will be around a 100 or more in the press box. There are windows but only to let in 90 degree heat which won't help anything.
    I was getting it set up the other night and it just kept locking up on me and wouldn't even shut off. The control surface stopped working and it was just not usable.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what to do??
    HELP!!!

Air is taken in around the edges of the side panels and exhausted out the rear, so set up a small table-top home/office type of fan to blow air into/across the unit to keep airflow moving.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

I'm doing that now. It sounds like it should help. We'll find out when we start. Have you ever worked in conditions 90+ degrees hot?

Yes, I've done a 4th of July parade for a few years now using Mini, and later TC1, and they have me stuffed into a small utility trailer with obviously no AC, and I just have to run fans and sweat quite a bit. No TriCaster failures, but it is worrisome to be sure when you are live via satellite on TV and failure is not an option.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

It only locks up in the heat? Inside with AC and everything is AOK?

I think I found out is was a combination of things. Crappy update was one of them. Then, Not telling you that you had to install some microsoft sercurity crap. I had to do a search to find out the errors I was having.
    That you also needed to update the Nvidia driver and also the intel driver.
    It is running better than ever now, and just quicker than heck to start. Part of that is because I had an SSD installed instead of those crappy WD drives they have installed in the mini. I have gone through over 5 WD drives. This SSD has been great. Newtek should just bite the bullet and install SSD drives from now on.

Yep, glad to hear it's running much better for you. More airflow won't hurt anything though and you can get a portable AC for rooms like that of Amazon fairly cheap. Running for a game day it will pay for its self after one day :-p

With the portable AC, doesn't it have to vent outside?

Sure does but the one I snagged off Amazon has a good length of flexible pipe for venting along with an adapter to insert it into a window . I have used it in places where we have the hose go out the door and the door cannot close all the way but is still significantly better than just an open door .

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Sure does but the one I snagged off Amazon has a good length of flexible pipe for venting along with an adapter to insert it into a window . I have used it in places where we have the hose go out the door and the door cannot close all the way but is still significantly better than just an open door .
    Can you link the one you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by ctc2010 View Post
    Can you link the one you bought?

Honeywell MN10CES

I think they are on a newer hardware but the thing cranks along and you can drain it when needed or run a hose line for constant draining etc