Thread: M/E Preview and Program boarders in multiviewer

M/E Preview and Program boarders in multiviewer

Right now, on all multiviewer screens and tally returns, the tally boarder only reflects what is live on the Main stripe.

It would be nice to be able to assign specific multiviewer screens to specific M/E Program and Previews, as well as have all camera tallys reflect program and preview when selected on the M/E's.

I was just trying to sort this out. I often do a 2nd mix where we stay on the top main cam for sports while our primary mix cuts between various cameras. I have had a few student operators start zooming in and doing random stuff as they thought they were off the air when I went to other cameras on the primary mix. As it stands the tally output from the DB9 only fires when the primary switcher has your camera in the source. I haven't tried testing if I use an ME with 2 cameras in a split box if both get the tally but I hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    I haven't tried testing if I use an ME with 2 cameras in a split box if both get the tally but I hope they do.
    Any source that is visible on Program or Preview gets tally notification.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I guess What Niel was saying would be having the Tally preview function for M/E (that is currently used for SUB MIX) to have Preview and Program tally even they are not shown in the Main Mix Preview and Program too.

really helpful for people who use M/Es as submixes .

Please correct if I am wrong.

I agree that's what the OP had in mind, but I as responding to stp_productions' remark.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Any source that is visible on Program or Preview gets tally notification.
    Awesome that is 1/2 the battle. I will make a feature request that if I setup an ME on output 2 and use Me2 as a switcher I would like for the program/preview of ME2 to also trigger preview/program along with the primary switcher.