Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Messiah Studio still be bought (and is it still worth it) ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I can now confirm Messiah is indeed still available to buy - or at least I managed to get one anyway...
    Like LW, there are plugins for Messiah. And just like LW, you may need to go to archive.org to recover them from shuttered websites.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131207...om/plugins.cfm

Setuptab.com was a good resource and you can still see forum discussion through archive.org. However, the video training on setuptab.com was not archived.

You can still find some video training on the YouTubes.
    LW7.5D, LW2015.3, LW2018.0.x running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

My copy of Project Messiah Pro6 is installed on a USB Flash Drive...which appears to still be working fine. However, if all else fails I do have a fallback option

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project Messiah Backup 01.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	296.0 KB 
ID:	142813

and yes that is a Shave and A Haircut dongle sat alongside my old P:M CD and original USB dongle. Not so easy to get Shave back up and working though as my current PC does not possess a parallel port.
    Last edited by Qexit; 09-14-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Boris Goreta uses Messiah still for every animation project, and he's running latest LW and Octane etc. No problems for him. His work is awesome.
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

Can't hide my jealousy Qexit. Do you have a view on Shave and haircut compared to Sasquatch or FiberFX ?

I get the distinct impression that Messiah is a tiny operation and they may have suffered a bit of a blow with their plans beyond that famous email, ie they were telling the truth at the time but something went wrong. Then they got wise to people cancelling subscriptions in response. Long story short, my speculation is they will not, or are unable to, answer any queries, but when some cash rolls their way the system crackles into life for a couple of minutes and someone presses a few buttons, then goes back to sleep again. If that is true, then it is easily worth buying another license even if there was a previous one - like if I lose the license I just bought, there would be no way I would particularly expect to see it again. Just a speculation though. Incidentally, I never cancelled the subscription (yet) as I found it totally amazing that the "deadware" is in fact still breathing and even the full price of $399 seemed reasonable.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 09-14-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    You can still find some video training on the YouTubes.
    Thanks. I couldn't help noticing that 3dbr here has 50 of them on his YT channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKyF...E76F3DB52FA2E3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    As you can guess from this thread I am no expert at all, but when you say "reset" it implies they gave you a license in the first place, in which case you are a legitimate user, so would not the trick suggested by raymondtrace about volume IDs work for you ?
    Nope not sure when or why but at some point the SSD Volume ID changed i guess.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12