Thread: Light exclusion

Light exclusion

I have an luminous object in a layer. I go to that objects properties and set it to exclude all lights. It shows up being excluded in the light properties panel. Yet when I change the brightness of the light in the scene that object still is effected by that light. This is really annoying as due to this the side facing away from the light is darker than the side facing the light. I thought it may be the shadows setting so I also disabled all of the shadowing for the object but I still have this issue. The light in this case is your standard distant light.

Is this a bug?

LW2013 latest version.

LW 2013?

Sounds like a bug, if you mean 2018, report it.

However as a workaround, if you don't want it to be affected by any light, just set it's diffuse, specular, reflection components to be 0, that way it won't recieve any light

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    LW 2013?

Sounds like a bug, if you mean 2018, report it.

However as a workaround, if you don't want it to be affected by any light, just set it's diffuse, specular, reflection components to be 0, that way it won't recieve any light
    Fortunately it still works when you set the surface of the object to standard. But does not work when set to BSDF. When set to BSDF there is no node combination where the object is not effected by the lights in the room at least not the distant light.

That doesn't sound right. Can you post a test scene?