Thread: TC1 advice

TC1 advice

Hello to all mates from forum.
    I want to share with all friends from forum some things i noticed about TC1 and i have some questions also.

We bought TC1 for proffesional usage in Tv station - live shows from studio,stream to yt and facebook and so on. So far we test it bcouse we cant put it to 24/7 without to be 100% sure that unit will work without errors.

So far we have a couple of errors and i will try to explain them,and give fix for it. We have randomly freeze of TC1 with errors out of memory,dlllauncher.clr.x64.exe and module.switcher.x64. It hapening with no logic. Sometimes all day TC working fine,and sometimes in one hour we have 5 or 6 times freeze,and then we must restart unit,or turn off manualy. We fix it with system restore from administrator menu, as coustomer service told us.

Also we have TC1SP control surface freezing from ime to time,when we turn off TC,surface lights are still on and only way to fix it is to turn out cable from it. Problem was bcouse we have long usb cable-15 meters from TC surface to TC1(he was in controled condition room with other components of tv station). We fix it with voltage adapters to usb cables so now we have stabile 5v to end of usb cable when surface is connected. Before it was 4 volts.

Now questions i have,
    We connected newtek ptz camera to TC1 with 3g sdi inputs, and also trough NDI/HX ethernet connection. We can controll cameras with ndi studio from other pc and from TC control surface. It is little buggy sometimes but it works. If i disconnect 3g sdi cable from TC1 inputs, i cant see picture from camera. Is video signal pass trough NDI/HX ethernet,or i can only remonte camerss from network?

I cant find anywhere when i start live producion sesion, local inputs sellect tab( from TC manual chapter 8.1.7), so i cant sellect NDI or auto select or sdi... Maybe something is mess out when we done restore.

Is it safe to update automaticly TC from administrator menu,and when update proces start should TC1SP control surface be pluged in,or we must plug it out when we do update?
    Last edited by Chuck; 09-10-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: add space between paragraphs for readability.

I will try to help with a few issues. First, a RESTORE puts in the OLD TC1 software from when the unit first shipped, which could be buggy - newer versions always have bug fixes and performance improvements, so please download and install latest software which is Version: 6-0-180820 available here - https://www.newtek.com/downloads/

I recommend to select the DOWNLOAD ONLY option from download link/installer, then RUN the TriCaster.exe file in downloaded files to update. Then COPY the downloaded folder/files to another drive for safekeeping in case you do another RESTORE for any reason which erases C: drive you will still have the UPDATE available to reinstall without downloading again.

You should definitely be able to access VIDEO from the NDI cameras over the network without the SDI connection. First off, please make sure Firmware in cameras is updated to current version VHR116J . Among other things, it fixes an auto-focus issue with camera. Also, install the latest NDI|HX driver on TC1, both downloads from this page - https://www.newtek.com/ndihx/products/ptz1/

Make sure the Ethernet connection on the TC1 is set to PRIVATE or WORK, as when set to PUBLIC then the NDI video does not work.

If network is functional and you can control cameras from TC1, you should also see the NDI cameras available in the Input Configuration. Most likely not seeing them because the old TC1 software you are running does not support newer NDI|HX format. I've had excellent quality and reliability using Newtek NDI cameras with TC1, always works and video is perfect with less than 1 frame latency (tested and compared via split-screen using NDI and SDI from same camera into different TC1 inputs).

I hope this helps you

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

TNX for quick answer. Im already updated camera to 116j and i can confirm auto focus is better than 111 version. Also i think iris is more sensitive.
    I have this version:
    NewTek TC1
    Build Number: 4K-180613C

Hardware Version
    -----Card 0 info:
    Driver: 1.99, 19-Apr-2017
    Core: 45F3, 16-May-2018
    Config: Arria-V 4K I/O w/ Gen2 PCIe
    Link: x4
    Board: 14.15
    Panel: Unknown 15.15

Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

To be correct, i should download update from link you send me, and not from TC administrator mode-update?
    You did not answer me,should i unplug TC control surface when i start update proces?
    As PTZ camera driver NDIHX-PTZ1 i downloadet it, i think 3.6 tools is latest and i install it to other pc in network. We controll camera from there, not from TC1-explorer ip adress. TC1 is clean as you sold us.
    TNX for help!

@edit:
    I see in some menu in administrator mode public is set,maybe for some restrictions. Im at home now and i cant remember where i see it. Im still learning,we have unit for a monnth maybe and we still test it.
    One thing more i remember. Somethimes when we start TC, windows gives us some info about W10 updates. Should i ignore them,or let them download and install. Definitons for defender,security updates etc.. Latest downloade and install files as i see is from march 2018
    Last edited by Tv Banat; 09-04-2018 at 11:35 AM.

I am not a Newtek employee and did not wish to answer anything I was uncertain about. I don't believe there is an issue with having CS attached during an update.

In all my years of using various TriCasters, I have never ever used the UPDATE option from Admin page. Usually says "No update needed" anyway. So I use the manual download and install method. I often download on another PC, then bring to TriCaster on a thumb drive. When you run the downloader, there are checkboxes for what you wish to download. The "Content" will be very large, and may be current to what you already have installed (see date) and you might just download the TriCaster update alone and uncheck other boxes according to your needs.

I believe Newtek has been advising that you CAN let Windows update itself, but don't do it right before a show in case there are issues. Might need to go to nVidia.com and manually download and install newer drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti from time to time also. Be sure drivers are for Windows 10 64-bit if you do that. I'd not mess with graphics drivers if system is working solid though. Only fix if broken.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

There are a lot of threads about issues with the latest updates causing issues as well. QA has posted beta links which seem to be doing better.

Tnx all for help. I install,manualy latest stable program,fix network settings(it was public), install ndi studio with drivers, add ip camera adress in NDI acsess manager too. TC is working fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    There are a lot of threads about issues with the latest updates causing issues as well. QA has posted beta links which seem to be doing better.
    Can you please send link?

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Banat View Post
    Can you please send link?
    If the release is working for you I wouldn't recommend the beta. It's meant to be used if you are seeing issues that are meant to be resolved in the beta. You can get those betas by reporting your issue in fogbugs and talking with qa@newtek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Banat View Post
    Tnx all for help. I install,manualy latest stable program,fix network settings(it was public), install ndi studio with drivers, add ip camera adress in NDI acsess manager too. TC is working fine now.
    So glad to hear that the system is now working. Hopefully you can test and become confident to put into full service soon.

Thank you

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera