Thread: NDI Scan Converter - Streaming Audio Gain "Rollercoaster"

NDI Scan Converter - Streaming Audio Gain "Rollercoaster"

Hello there,

I just learned about NDI Scan Converter yesterday and gave it a whirl. The video was fantastic going from gaming pc to stream pc. However, the audio was acting funky. It wasn't choppy, but rather the volume went up and down for no apparent reason. Regardless if I isolated my microphone audio or my desktop audio. I can try to post a link later of my example recordings. I did the recordings to check audio levels and discovered the issue. Therefore, I did not attempt to stream. I recorded using Stream Labs OBS. I previously used OBS-NDI plugin and never had any issues with audio or video. Just to get this out of the way, it is not my ethernet cables, router or pc's. I have successfully been using OBS-NDI plugin for a couple of months with no problems. I have searched everywhere and have not found someone having this type of problem unfortunately.... Also, audio drivers are up to date. I am using a 7.1 surround Asus 7.1 PCIe sound card. The microphone is an AT4040 (xlr) which runs into a Steinberg UR28M USB external mixer for phantom power. This same audio setup has not experienced this strange audio issue when using the OBS-NDI plugin as previously mentioned.

Anyone experience this issue before or have a thought as to what could be causing it?

Thanks, GoldenVoice

Okay after further testing I discovered it was the monitor of my streaming pc causing whatever the mystery sound issue was. However clicking onto the second monitor of gaming pc causes the NDI feed to cease working on monitor one. Any thoughts?

Thanks, GoldenVoice