Thread: Assigning Weights to Matching Bones Names Quickly

Assigning Weights to Matching Bones Names Quickly

Is there a script or function to quickly assign matching weights and bones names to each other? Currently I'm doing them one by one. I am in the process of figuring out how to use Collada files for animation and FBX files for the mesh as a work around for using DAZ animation. Everything is working but now I have to match the bones to their weights in Layout and it's very time consuming. Thanks for the help !

There are a few tools out there, some are paid (Paint weights from 3rd powers will generate a weight map for every bone and assign them to the bone), and some make the job of assigning weights easier (My Symmetric Weight assign tool assumes that Right/Left maps have a standardized naming format for right and left sides). Also, you can multi-select whole areas (like a body) and apply the same weight map to the bones, too.
    --------
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    There are a few tools out there, some are paid (Paint weights from 3rd powers will generate a weight map for every bone and assign them to the bone), and some make the job of assigning weights easier (My Symmetric Weight assign tool assumes that Right/Left maps have a standardized naming format for right and left sides). Also, you can multi-select whole areas (like a body) and apply the same weight map to the bones, too.
    Thanks for the help!