Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LightWave Newsletter - August 2018

LightWave Newsletter - August 2018

Hi

I was very surprised to see a LightWave newsletter today in my Spam folder. When opening I get a fat security warning that it seems to be a dangerous message (see attachment).

I noted that the message was sent via another mail address. When I look at the mail header, there is really some weird stuff there:

[email protected]0.mktoma il.com
    Return-Path: <[email protected] il.com>
    Received: from absmtp.mktomail.com (absmtp.mktomail.com. [199.15.213.61])

Can somebody please clarify? Does NewTek not use / have their own SMTP server?

Thanks and cheers, Marander

Attachment 142551

Ya, I got it a bit ago & it was legit. Nothing particularly new but no security trip here either.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

NewTek uses Marketo as our marketing automation system and our marketing communications go through the Marketo servers.

By the way, we are working on an issue with the published version of the newsletter. All links worked fine in our test emails, but in the published version sent out there is apparently a difference in the token appended to the links and they generate a "414" error, URL is too long; some report this with all links, some report it only affects the links to the blog stories. We believe we can make an adjustment to our server settings to correct that, so that for the published newsletter all links work. If that turns out not to be the case we will send a revised newsletter.

Update: the issue is fixed! All links should work fine now.

and...

LightWave 3D August 2018 Newsletter on the Web
    Last edited by Chuck; 08-23-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Anyway, very happy that a newsletter has been made.

I'm still waiting to get mine. Not in spam catcher, not in main box. Nothing blocking it at my mail-host side either. Apparently I stopped getting anything from Newtek after April 29. The last e-mail I got was the update notice for 2018.0.3 patch. Nothing since.

Chuck, what's the best avenue to reach out to the right person to get this looked at and fixed?

Scott

I just looked and it was in my spam folder too.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Thanks guys and Chuck for the clarification!

The problem is fixed on our server, and in our tests all links are now working in the newsletter. Please let us know if you are still experiencing a problem.

To sign up for the newsletter:

NewTek Communication Center
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Hi Chuck,

I went to the page and filled out the form in case I was missing out on something. After submitting the form, I got a response email that showed what I subscribed to and I noticed that LightWave not marked 'Yes'. So I filled out the form again and re-submitted. Same result: I got a response with LightWave not included in my subscriptions.

This is how I filled out out:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subscription.PNG 
Views:	66 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	142556

To be clear, everything I checked was marked 'Yes' in the response EXCEPT for LightWave, which was left blank. (The one item I am most interested in, naturally.)

BTW, I had been getting the LightWave newsletter. Now I'm wondering if I just unsubscribed myself.

Pretty sure the realistic apartment entry was by Linos wife Johanna, not Matt so a correction may be in order.
    Last edited by hrgiger; 08-23-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Pretty sure the realistic apartment entry was by Linos wife Johanna, not Matt so a correction may be in order.
    Lucky we have people like you pointing things like this out! Not sure what Newtek would do without you
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Any chance to see the newsletter? Never got it. Got all the previous ones tho...

Why isn't lightwave3d.com updated with the newest newsletter? The newest newsletter on the site right now is dated June 2017...???

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Why isn't lightwave3d.com updated with the newest newsletter? The newest newsletter on the site right now is dated June 2017...???

With all this Chuck does this mean there is a NEW newsletter?

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Lucky we have people like you pointing things like this out! Not sure what Newtek would do without you
    Someone should credit the people that contributed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast