Thread: NDI Tools Portable. Need help

NDI Tools Portable. Need help

I just setup the newest version of NDI tools and redist for streaming on OBS. WORKS GREAT!!! Thank you NewTek for this! The only issue I have is that one game (CSGO) I play in 4:3 and it does not play nice with OBS/NDI. Noticed CSGO streamers using the older version of NDI that allows you to select an application as a source instead of just streaming your entire GPU. After browsing the forums, I seen that NewTek has disabled this in the newest update but WAS mentioned that the portable tools (which now is discontinued as well) has the older scan converter that allows to select specific programs to stream. My issue is that the website no longer has these download links to the portable or any older versions. Could someone that has the portable version that allows program selecting please share a link with me so that I can download and use when I stream CSGO?

Much thanks again to NewTek and this community!

For video game capture you really want to use the new NDI Scan Converter, the performance is much better than the previous version. Does the Region of Interest option work or just scaling the NDI image inside of OBS?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I tried both, I cannot get region of interest cause it alt-tabs the game when I launch ROI and I tried scaleing as best I could in OBS with different settings and it gets close but not overall good. I am OK with a performance hit with just that game but not as much as streaming it directly from my gaming PC. I would like to download it and atleast try to see how it works and performs.

Anyone want to link me the NDI tools portable with this feature I am looking for so I can test please? PM me with link info