Thread: Tricaster mini update and other issues

Tricaster mini update and other issues

Hello all

i have a tricaster MINI Standard HDMI version with built in monitor (would have been nice if newtek had given us a free upgrade to the new version of the software considering they now sell it as standard with every new mini for the same purchase price as my one and the hardware has had no upgrades or features added)

the first issue i have is that it can not see a 1080p input from a TVI to HDMI convertor box
    it will see 720p ok but just black screen with 1080p..and this is from two different brands of convertors

i also tried to use a composite to HDMI convertor with a Canon xL2 Camera and again only works in 720p no 1080P ?

this does not matter how i have the session set up and i don't have any feature i can see in the Camera input menu to change resolution or anything like that

can anyone help ?

2nd issue i thought this might have something to do with an update so i downloaded the latest standard software version and NDI drivers etc yesterday
    and did the update
    now my Tricaster is totally screwed up its gives me an error at triceaster initialization something about 8f buffer and all camera inputs now Lag with any camera i use no converters or anything you pan the camera across the room and the on screen monitors lag behind it about 1 full second it's horrible and the system is now unusable

can anyone help me with this ?
    Last edited by makeCNC; 08-10-2018 at 02:55 PM.

What frame rate in 1080p? Mini supports up to 29.97 frame per seconds with this video format, if your converter is outputting at 59.94 the Mini will not accept it.

For the second issue, I would contact support. http://new.tk/support
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Please note that none of the TriCasters accept 1080p60 sources (except new TC1/IP series models). So make sure the conversion is 1080p30 or 1080i for instance.

TVI is used mainly in the security camera environment and not video production. So even though you are converting to HDMI, what format is it - see above. Did you try checking the "Computer" button in Mini interface for the input you are using? That may help if frame rate is not video-friendly.

You may need to manually upgrade the nvidia graphics card driver for Mini. I forget offhand which card is in there, but easy enough to discover in Windows, then go to nvidia.com and get the Windows 7 64-bit driver for that card and install. Perhaps RESTORE first, then install latest software next, then upgrade graphics in that order for optimum results.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What frame rate in 1080p? Mini supports up to 29.97 frame per seconds with this video format, if your converter is outputting at 59.94 the Mini will not accept it.

For the second issue, I would contact support. http://new.tk/support
    thank you i have solved the issue with updates by updating the nvidia driver as suggested by the person below

and also thank you for the info on the 1080p issue i would have to think that the converters output must be at 59.94 it does show up fine when plugged into an HDMI TV set...all these convertors seem to output the higher rate then and do not have ability to lower the framerate sadly...
    if they could it would open up a huge amount of inexpensive PTZ security cameras which have great resolution at about one tenth the cost of existing HDMI output PTZ cameras you guys might want to think about that a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Please note that none of the TriCasters accept 1080p60 sources (except new TC1/IP series models). So make sure the conversion is 1080p30 or 1080i for instance.

TVI is used mainly in the security camera environment and not video production. So even though you are converting to HDMI, what format is it - see above. Did you try checking the "Computer" button in Mini interface for the input you are using? That may help if frame rate is not video-friendly.

You may need to manually upgrade the nvidia graphics card driver for Mini. I forget offhand which card is in there, but easy enough to discover in Windows, then go to nvidia.com and get the Windows 7 64-bit driver for that card and install. Perhaps RESTORE first, then install latest software next, then upgrade graphics in that order for optimum results.

Thanks

Jeff
    thank you so much worked great !

You might try this in the mix. It allows you to change the output and it's not expensive. We use it to get video game platforms into the Tricaster for esports tournaments.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._splitter.html
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

solved

Quote Originally Posted by Stream View Post
    You might try this in the mix. It allows you to change the output and it's not expensive. We use it to get video game platforms into the Tricaster for esports tournaments.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._splitter.html
    perfect thank you that now allows me to use way less expensive PTZ TVI cams $300 as opposed to $2000 and up with my tricaster mini