Thread: Layout 2018 menus, tools, and option settings

Layout 2018 menus, tools, and option settings

I am certain I am not the first to ask this question. So perhaps this should be a sticky.

I just updated from 2015.3 to 2018. Many of the menu items have moved elsewhere and I am having to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find where a a lot of items have been moved to. It took me over an hour to find where the reconstruction filters move to.

For the sake pf expediency can Lightwave be configured to a older menu interface such as 2015? This would not be an unusual request as many applications let you configure the application to an earlier revision interface. Or is there a document detailing what was moved and to where it was moved?

I hope this is a case otherwise Newtek just forced me to waste a lot of time going in and having to do this menu item by menu item even if that is possible.

You should be able to do it from the Configure menus dialog box. Just go to Edit>Edit Menu Layout to bring up the box. In the top right corner there is a button named 'Presets.' Select 2015 Style and see if that works for you.

I think the whole Menu system needs updating. They still have allot of the old ones in there and many dont really apply to 2018. Someone should ditch the old ones and give us an updated Studio, 2015 and 2018 Menu and thats it.

I found it easier to save all my 2015 tabs and setups that i had gotten the way i liked and then add all my third party plugins and then import the 2015 tabs. Now some of the plugins will not work, mostly, node, texture and render stuff because that has changed allot. The rest seem fine. It was quicker to do it this way than from scratch. Im sure there are still some in there i have missed but at least i have a setup similar to 2015.
    Last edited by JohnMarchant; Yesterday at 03:30 AM.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2018.4

Very nice Laptop