Thread: Replicating movement from M/E to M/E?

Question Replicating movement from M/E to M/E?

Hi,

Using a TC8000. The same LiveSet is loaded into ME1 and ME2. When we manually move the virtual camera in ME1, is there any way to replicate that virtual camera motion also to ME2?

If not, are there any workarounds to make something like it work?

Thanks,
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Are you looking to mirror the ME1 movements into ME2 "live" or would pre-programmed moves suit your needs? If the latter, I believe macros could be created to do this. Would need to know more details of intended workflow and could then test here.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Got it! Was able to use macros emulating CS joystick commands to create keyboard shortcuts to move an ME up-down-left-right and zoom in-out.

I have 6 motion keys, plus 7th key is STOP, otherwise once set in motion, ME movement just keeps going (unless a delay/stop is part of macro).

An XKeys device would be ideal for control since two separate macros can be applied to one key, one for PRESS and another for RELEASE, that way RELEASE triggers the STOP macro. Press and hold key to move, release to stop.

The commands to move ME1 are:

Left or Right: v1_panx_speed_value (followed by number, positive=right, negative=left, start with 0.1 which seems pretty good for right or use -0.1 for left)

Up or Down: v1_pany_speed_value (followed by number, pos=up, neg=down)

Zoom In or Out: v1_zoom_speed_value (pos=in, neg=out)

STOP: use any or all 3 of above with "0" for value. I just used all 3 so that one key stops movement in all directions at once. Note that smooth stop is default, does not hard stop so motion looks fine.

About moving ME1 and ME2 together as one - just use TWO lines for each macro, so the commands to move ME1 and ME2 both to the right at same time would be:

v1_panx_speed_value 0.1
    v2_panx_speed_value 0.1

On AE TriCasters, they have the PAUSE option in a macro, so in that case I believe you could (using XKeys Press-Release feature) set the RELEASE to be ` to unpause macro, with next command being to STOP moving in direction of that macro only. For instance, using "v1_panx_speed_value 0" to stop the left or right movement, while allowing up/down/or zoom to continue. Therefore being able to do more complex moves with no stops in between. Like move up while zooming (press two keys to start both macros), then stop moving up by releasing UP key while continuing to zoom by holding zoom key down. Hope that makes sense.

Now, if you for instance want a RESET button that would send ME to an absolute start position, reverse engineer that. RECORD a macro, while using on-screen zoom and position controls for ME to see what the commands are for those, as they are more complex and values will reflect actual fixed positions and not just "move in X direction at a certain speed". Apply same values to v1 and v2 to sync up positions, so that movement is same on both with the movement macros. Could also just manually set ME1 and ME2 to full screen and snapshot Comp presets for both and just call those presets via macro as well to get same start position for both MEs.

EDIT: one could certainly create macros for diagonal moves as well by just combining for instance UP and RIGHT commands together.

Thanks

Jeff
    Last edited by JPulera; 08-07-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Jeff Pulera

Hi Jeff,

We are looking to do an animated move from Shot 1 to Shot 2 on a LiveSet in M/E1. When a LiveSet Shot button is pushed on the CS, have that perform the action on both M/E1 and M/E2.

We don't need any joystick or other manual movement at all. Presets are good enough for this situation. We simply need the push of the LiveSet Shot 2 button to start the move on the LiveSet in both MEs at the exact same time.

Possible solution???: I don't have a 8000CS readily available, but if you push and hold M/E Delegate button 1 and 2 simultaneously, do they both stay illuminated? If so, would that make it work how I would like?

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need any further details or clarification.

- Tim

Record a macro where you press the Shot 2 preset on ME1, then press Shot 2 on ME2. Remove the delay between them in macro editor so both happen at once. Assign the macro to a button on the CS. Press that macro shortcut on CS and both Virtual Sets move at once.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera