Thread: Tricaster Mini AE- Start from Scratch

Tricaster Mini AE- Start from Scratch

Hello,

We've got a Tricaster Mini that we upgraded to Advanced Edition earlier in the year (the Tricaster is 3 years old). After upgrading to AE, we've experienced an number of bizarre problems on and off for a few months. I'd like to basically wipe the Tricaster to nothing and start from scratch, but I haven't done this before. Should we wipe both the C and D drives, and how should we go about doing this? I know there are factory restore options, but I am not familiar with what the best practice would be here. I'm not concerned with saving anything on the Tricaster.

Thanks!
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)
    JVC GY-HM600 & JVC GY‑HM620U
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2 (Datalink from Daktronics AllSportCG)

The restore partition is the best way to do this. When you boot up the system there is an option to restore you TriCaster. Choose that, then follow the prompts to restore to the factory default. After you restore, install the latest version and type in your registration code.

This process wipes the C: drive, make sure you back up anything on the C: drive first. The other drives will be left alone. Common things to look on the C: drive are fonts, custom virtual sets, custom transitions or anything you might of manually put on the C: drive.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    The restore partition is the best way to do this. When you boot up the system there is an option to restore you TriCaster. Choose that, then follow the prompts to restore to the factory default. After you restore, install the latest version and type in your registration code.

This process wipes the C: drive, make sure you back up anything on the C: drive first. The other drives will be left alone. Common things to look on the C: drive are fonts, custom virtual sets, custom transitions or anything you might of manually put on the C: drive.
    Thanks for the info, Kane. Is there a good way to wipe the media drive or is that not advised?
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)
    JVC GY-HM600 & JVC GY‑HM620U
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2 (Datalink from Daktronics AllSportCG)

You can format the other drives if you don't want anything on them.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.