Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Version: 5-1-180706 Update Warning

Quote Originally Posted by eisejm View Post
    Anybody experience a "black" screen when sometimes trying to enter a session or leave a session? Just updated to the latest version (after not being able to get back to the main menu after exiting a session).
    YEEEES ! I have a TC460AE with the same problem. Also, sometimes the DDR freezes and go to black. Also cameras are laggy sometimes. If I leave the switch with no activity for an hour, when I come back and I press a key the switch start freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by soyniqolas View Post
    YEEEES ! I have a TC460AE with the same problem. Also, sometimes the DDR freezes and go to black. Also cameras are laggy sometimes. If I leave the switch with no activity for an hour, when I come back and I press a key the switch start freezing.
    We updated to the beta version posted in this thread and that seemed to fix the issue (for the moment). We did our first show with it the other day and did not have any problems.

If updating to the Beta Version - TriCaster Advanced Edition 5-1-180820: Will I loose session data / will i have to rebuild anything?

Just got back from a 12 day trip. I loaded the Beta version of the AE 5-1 that VideoEng posted. I am experiencing the same difficulties. The system is unstable and crashes. Controller becomes unresponsive and the main output which goes to its own monitor goes blank. Will contact Newtek again today. This is very unnerving as I have several big gigs approaching in the next 2 weeks.
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

An easy fix is to reinstall an older software version that was stable for you. When I get updates from Newtek, I select the "download only" method rather than using the auto-installation. That way, I have backup copies that I save outside of C: drive so they do not get wiped with a Restore. I then always have access to at least a couple of prior versions. I delete the much older versions when no longer needed to free up space. This alleviates a lot of headaches/worries that I see everyone posting about. If latest installed software is not working for you, just take 10 minutes and go back to prior working version, problem solved. If you have important jobs coming up, reinstall the earlier version that has previously been reliable for you and wait for the dust to settle with new update before trying again.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Installed the beta update mentioned above - no loss of items in media players or buffers. Initial tests are positive.

Odd side effect though - Titles created in Live Text seem to have reset some Justifications... Items that were Left are now right, items centered are now left. The Pattern seems to follow that multiple fields follow the justification of other things on the same horizontal plane. (If that makes sense.) That said - all our graphics that are a centered name over a centered title seem to be fine. The original file seems un disturbed and it is an easy fix to just add it back in and type in the new name(s)

Reinstalled Older Version / Stable

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    An easy fix is to reinstall an older software version that was stable for you. When I get updates from Newtek, I select the "download only" method rather than using the auto-installation. That way, I have backup copies that I save outside of C: drive so they do not get wiped with a Restore. I then always have access to at least a couple of prior versions. I delete the much older versions when no longer needed to free up space. This alleviates a lot of headaches/worries that I see everyone posting about. If latest installed software is not working for you, just take 10 minutes and go back to prior working version, problem solved. If you have important jobs coming up, reinstall the earlier version that has previously been reliable for you and wait for the dust to settle with new update before trying again.

Thanks
    Hey Jeff,
    Good advise Support sent me links to the older AE version and I reloaded. All is working well again.
    Not sure what the problem is with the update, but hopefully it will get resolved. For now I'm relieved that it appears I have a stable system again. Not sure how many total users experienced the same issues, but there were enough here chirping on the forum to maybe warrant a warning with the update or take it down until it is sussed out a little better. This was not just a little glitch, it left the total system inoperable.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

Quote Originally Posted by dan1066 View Post
    Installed the beta update mentioned above - no loss of items in media players or buffers. Initial tests are positive.

Odd side effect though - Titles created in Live Text seem to have reset some Justifications... Items that were Left are now right, items centered are now left. The Pattern seems to follow that multiple fields follow the justification of other things on the same horizontal plane. (If that makes sense.) That said - all our graphics that are a centered name over a centered title seem to be fine. The original file seems un disturbed and it is an easy fix to just add it back in and type in the new name(s)
    Installed the beta and just ran into the black screen issue again.

Anyone having issues with a beta version should communicate their experience to QA, preferably by detailed information added to their Fogbugz case, but by email otherwise. The whole purpose of beta is to trap and correct this sort of thing, and getting accurate and complete information with minimal fog is why we don't discuss beta issues in the forum.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123