Thread: NDI Airsend updater and EasyWorship 6 Build 6.7.9.1

NDI Airsend updater and EasyWorship 6 Build 6.7.9.1

Just loaded the most current build of EasyWorship V6 (build 6.7.9.1) onto a dedicated computer for feeding scripture and lyrics to our TriCaster 460, but the NDI AirSend updater does not seem like it recognizes it. On a previous version that I had been using as a test platform, when I ran the updater it spent 5-10 minutes (or at least it seemed like it) updating things and I could sent to the TriCaster without obvious issue. But on this latest version I run the updater and it runs and completes (or so it says) in about a minute and the TriCaster never sees any output from the system. No errors or messages are displayed, it appears to have completed normally.

Does not appear to be a network issue since if I fire up the NDI test pattern program the TriCaster sees it with no issues.

So, anyone have any idea if something has changed in these recent builds that might cause the NDI AirSend updater to not be able to patch the program?

Thanks;
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church

TriCaster: 460 with AE + CS
    Camera: Panasonic AG-HMG80P, PTZ Optics PT20X-NDI

EasyWorship v7 is available, it lists native NDI support. No idea on v6, have you contacted EasyWorship to see if they have any ideas, perhaps they changed how AirSend outputs works in the latest version 6? Will NDI Studio Monitor on the EasyWorship system see the output?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks, was aware of the V7 support but have not been able to convince the local powers to spring for the update. Have filed a ticket with EasyWorship as well, but have not heard back yet. Figured that I might as well approach it from both sides.

Had not tried looking at it with the NDI studio monitor on the same computer, had not occurred to me. Did fire up the NDI test pattern generator to make sure that NDI traffic was making it between the cmoputer and TriCaster and that worked without apparent issue.

If we don't hit on a solution before next weekend I'll try the studio monitor as well.

Thanks;
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church

Got a response back from EasyWorship, pretty much what I expected but still disappointing.
    - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for contacting our Customer Service desk.

NDI and AirSend are different technologies.
    NDI is not supported through EasyWorship 6 but is supported through EasyWorship 7.
    So the short answer is no because it never should have worked in the first place.

You may need to contact NewTek to see if this issue is coming from their end, though.
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church

The updater should make a AirSend application work as if it was NDI, but ultimately, I would always recommend going with a NDI native version of the application when it becomes available.

Unless someone else has any ideas, I don't know what else to recommend.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Copy Files

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    The updater should make a AirSend application work as if it was NDI, but ultimately, I would always recommend going with a NDI native version of the application when it becomes available.

Unless someone else has any ideas, I don't know what else to recommend.

I had the same issue with a new CasparCG build, the updater does now seem to find the files. It is actually very simple. The Updater is just replacing (renaming old) 2 files that it finds anywhere in your system.

Processing.AirSend.x64.dll
    Processing.AirSend.x86.dll

Just find the newer version in your "C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek NDI AirSend Updater" folder and copy over the same files you find in your Easy Worship installation.

Good Luck,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSpaw View Post
    Just find the newer version in your "C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek NDI AirSend Updater" folder and copy over the same files you find in your Easy Worship installation.
    Yep, that did it! Thanks, we're up and running!
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church