Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terragen 4.2 released (+new GAEA and World Machine updates)

Quote Originally Posted by jaf View Post
    ...But most scenes require objects -- vegetation, organic and hard surface models, and more advanced texturing, so programs like Lightwave Modeler, 3D Coat, Zbrush, Painter, etc. are quite important. So it's not just the $225 per year maintenance for TG, it's the cost of the other apps too. Personally, I wouldn't be happy with just Terragen, so I'm in conflict of trying to keep up with the expenses of the apps on a fixed income (as well as hardware expenses.)
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Wow, something appears really messed up with Planetside's forums (or my account there). If you're wondering why I haven't replied to that thread there, it's because every time I try to reply to the thread there, I either get shunted to a "New topic" form when I press either "Post"/"Preview" (after replying), or the forum stops responding altogether. I've now tried and failed with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.

Very odd, and very frustrating.
    I am experiencing exactly the same thing now, can not reply for the moment, just getīs to new topic form and then nothing despite hitting submit post.

For the debate around how to rotate cloud layers... though there is no direct rotational control as we have in lightwave or in vue...I think I found the correct nodal setup..

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    For the debate around how to rotate cloud layers... though there is no direct rotational control as we have in lightwave or in vue...I think I found the correct nodal setup..

I quite didn't understand your question in that regard and thought you know that method.
    It can be - is used nearly in everything in Terragen when you want rotation, moving and scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by kadri View Post
    I quite didn't understand your question in that regard and thought you know that method.
    It can be - is used nearly in everything in Terragen when you want rotation, moving and scaling.
    The question was foremost a suggestion to have the basic rotational controls in the main tabs..as most other software does, like lightwave, vue etc...instead of making it harder for most new users to get going with things like this, it is highly unproductively as a UI.

I do not use terragen demo that often, open it ..tries it and leaves it alone for a long long time.

I think I knew this a long time ago..but forgotten it, not sure if the setup can be made to work on easy clouds though.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    ...not sure if the setup can be made to work on easy clouds though.
    Because it doesn't have all the features for now like the older cloud models,
    but is a localised cloud by default you can use the "Centre" options in the Main tab of the easy clouds.

Terragen does have many options for more then it looks at a first sight,
    but all this shows that there is room for an easier more user friendly approach.

When i first opened Terragen in the past and was able to change the colour of the ground i was so happy.
    I am sure there are many new users who feel lost in a similar way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123