Thread: Windows 10 64 bit Pro and SE

Unhappy Windows 10 64 bit Pro and SE

I use SE when I need to get a basic edit job done fast. After the latest Windows update it seems rendering is now longer possible, It just crashes. Even on a blank timeline. Frustrating as SE remains the HD fastest editor. I have Prem Creative Cloud and FC10 but for getting the job done and me out of the studio quick you just can't beat SE. Or course Win 10 drops previous versions of itself after 10 days so no way to go back to the previous update.
    DaveO

WOrse comes to worse, you can install from the original WIndows 10 disc and turn off all WIndows updates.

Thanks, good point Tony. I should have followed up sooner. I did a full delete of SE2 from my system. Downloaded a new copy of the software from support web site and reinstalled. So far all is well.
    I know it's just a matter of time till MS WIN10 update kills it but so far work arounds have kept me going. I recently tackled an 8K edit using FCP. What a pain. It's just amazing how with SE in HD mode I can punch out an event video in no time at all. Most of my work ends up on the clients web site as an mp4 at 1920x1080. I keep a laptop running WIn 7 with a seat of SE2 that I use on location. Clients are blown away with how quick I can turn things around.
    DaveO