Thread: NDI Scan Converter not showing any sources/apps :(

NDI Scan Converter not showing any sources/apps :(

I’ve just installed NDI Tools 3.5 and from what I see from a bit of research is that the NDI Scan Converter is able to grab specific windows and output them as an NDI Signal.

Maybe I am doing something wrong or there is something restricting it, but the scan converter does not give me any option to select any apps to send out. I am able to send out the desktop/webcam/region of interest fine, just no option to select say Google Chrome windows for example.

Is there a solution to remedy this? Have I got possibly something blocking access somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No, what you're seeing is the way it is. You can isolate a region, or he the whole desktop from any monitor and crop it externally.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

The ability to select a specific app is no longer in Scan Converter. It was in previous versions.

The new NDI Scan Converter runs in GPU, this give the new version incredible performance, but from this location in computer memory the outputs of the graphics card are what can be captured. If you have a copy of the NDI Tools Portable you can use the previous NDI Scan Converter in it alongside the new NDI Tools 3.5.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Ahhh I see! Now all I need to do it get my slippery little hands on a copy of the Portable/Previous version to see how it runs! *hint hint

Thanks for all your help Appreciated!