Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eve

Eve

That is Eve, the last character that I have created. For hair I created fibers in ZBrush and then worked in Lightwave FiberFX.

There is this little animation test too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1mkXXXRHg

And a better resolution here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Kqd5R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eve_low.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	757.0 KB 
ID:	142130  
    Ground control to Major Tom

Very nice-looking, really like how the hair turned out. That's rendering with 2018 physical fibers, right?

That's among the best I've seen from FFX so far, can you describe the precise FFX workflow? In the anim, the hair looked a bit "stiff", that'd be about my only comment (and a very minor "nit" at that). Some weak hair dynamics (just to give really slight hair movement counter to head movement) should easily fix that.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Very nice-looking, really like how the hair turned out. That's rendering with 2018 physical fibers, right?

That's among the best I've seen from FFX so far, can you describe the precise FFX workflow? In the anim, the hair looked a bit "stiff", that'd be about my only comment (and a very minor "nit" at that). Some weak hair dynamics (just to give really slight hair movement counter to head movement) should easily fix that.
    Thank you, jwiede.

And yes, it is LW 2018 fiberfx. It is much better now, much more stable and fast, even when using Monte Carlo brute force, that is the case.

I have created fibers using zbrush, exported them directly to LW and in Layout added the FFX. There are two layers of hair, the first one is the top of the head and the other one is the short hair along the sides of the head. They have different settings.

In the artstarion image (better resolution) you can notice that I added "baby hair" to her face but I didnīt use it in the animation to reduce render times. This "baby hair" I have created directly in Layout.

About your suggestion, I agree with that, but sometimes you just want to finish it, you know what I mean.

I will try to improve it in the next work, I promise!
    Last edited by MAUROCOR; 07-07-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Hehe, I think it looks great as-is, esp. the Artstation version. Great job!
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Hehe, I think it looks great as-is, esp. the Artstation version. Great job!
    Thanks again, jwiede!

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    LW finally caught up with your talent.
    Hey man, thank you for your nice words, really appreciated!

In fact this new render/lighting/shading system in LW 2018 are helping me to improve my work and I thank the developers for that.

WOW amazing really well done detail is quite impressive as well as render finish.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dhotshot View Post
    WOW amazing really well done detail is quite impressive as well as render finish.
    Thank you, 3dhotshot! I am glad you like it.

I always look forward to when you have new pieces to show. Very nice as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I always look forward to when you have new pieces to show. Very nice as others have said.
    Hey, thank you so much for your kind words, Ma3rk! Really appreciated, man!

Great maurocor, if I dare to give some advice for improvements, of course it depends on your desired style and what you have time with..so I understand that you may not have time or desire to get another look.

Eyelashes, maybe replace them with real fibers?

The hair looks very nice..though a bit dry..not sure if she uses dead hair extensions here otherwise some more specs..oil gloss in the hair would give it more life, though it doesnīt necessary mean that hair can look that way.

I Would like to see some more subsurface scattering going on..not sure what you used for the skin here...looks like something without subsurface to avoid long rendertimes?
    especially the ears, nostrils and maybe the lip could use some light penetration.

Otherwise I really like the face modeling, the tiny vellus hair on the skin looks great too.
    Ohh..almost missed the animation, looks good too...maybe the eyeblink should be a little faster.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Great maurocor, if I dare to give some advice for improvements, of course it depends on your desired style and what you have time with..so I understand that you may not have time or desire to get another look.

Eyelashes, maybe replace them with real fibers?

The hair looks very nice..though a bit dry..not sure if she uses dead hair extensions here otherwise some more specs..oil gloss in the hair would give it more life, though it doesnīt necessary mean that hair can look that way.

I Would like to see some more subsurface scattering going on..not sure what you used for the skin here...looks like something without subsurface to avoid long rendertimes?
    especially the ears, nostrils and maybe the lip could use some light penetration.

Otherwise I really like the face modeling, the tiny vellus hair on the skin looks great too.
    Ohh..almost missed the animation, looks good too...maybe the eyeblink should be a little faster.
    Hello prometheus! I agree with everything you said. I will try to get better in the next work, thank you for your feedback!

Oh, about the eyeblink... faster is not sexy the way I wanted her.

Really beautiful work. I agree with some of Prometheus' points, but overall, excellent work!

If I had one item that stood out to me it was the geometry on her chin; I think the goal was a slight cleft, but in the animation, it looks like the geometry of the cleft was throwing off the shading a wee bit, resulting in unexpected hard lines.

The FiberFX were excellent... I agree with jweide, I would like to see a bit of bounce, but I've seen women with very similar hairstyles before and I know what they use to keep that hair up, so the lack of movement wasn't unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MAUROCOR View Post
    Hello prometheus! I agree with everything you said. I will try to get better in the next work, thank you for your feedback!

Oh, about the eyeblink... faster is not sexy the way I wanted her.
    I know that look..and what you mean, it is however very hard to acheive without it looking wrong, itīs been a long time since I got anyone looking at me that way ..so I kind of have forgotten exactly how it should be
    I start to feel like your character Theodore, looking for a date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast