Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3DCoat Applink LW2018 - source code

3DCoat Applink LW2018 - source code

if someone wants to give it a go...

Sorry guys. I'll will not able to finish a new applink due to complexity and time that I need to spend with it.
    Too much work for me, besides my primary job.
    If someone is interested to continue I can provide the source code and instructions how to accomplished it.

https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/...comment=154177
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Ah good. Someone mentioned i at least.

Answered there, hopefully he'll put it into Github or similar. Doing so properly provides important license clarification, as well as makes it easier for multiple people to work on it together.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Answered there, hopefully he'll put it into Github or similar. Doing so properly provides important license clarification, as well as makes it easier for multiple people to work on it together.
    That would be nice, yes. I'm not a coder so I wouldn't be much help on this other than beta tester, which I'm open to.

I would love for 3D Coat to read the LW 2018 file format. it's not a huge impediment now, but I do have to save down LWOs and that creates file clutter for my project which wasn't an issue previously.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHache View Post
    That would be nice, yes. I'm not a coder so I wouldn't be much help on this other than beta tester, which I'm open to.

I would love for 3D Coat to read the LW 2018 file format. it's not a huge impediment now, but I do have to save down LWOs and that creates file clutter for my project which wasn't an issue previously.
    why not just use od copy/paste (free).. no file clutter at all

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    why not just use od copy/paste (free).. no file clutter at all
    Because that doesn't work? I have tried that and no, nothing pastes from LW to 3DC. Am I missing a step?

most likely... within the script.. you have to change the directory (it references 3dcoat 4.7... probably needs to be 4.8 now.. thats all.. then it should show up and work fine..

a LW-3DC applink would export/import textures/displacements
    https://vimeo.com/18975997
    and possibly create a LW PBR node setup

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    a LW-3DC applink would export/import textures/displacements
    https://vimeo.com/18975997
    and possibly create a LW PBR node setup
    oh.. i get the usefulness of applinks... but until you have it, I'm just bringing up what you can do now... also. odtools has a pbr importer to set up the textures/displacements

...also. odtools has a pbr importer to set up the textures/displacements
    neat!  

Definitely neat. Gonna have to take a closer look at that. Thought it was just for Substance Painter but guess that's actually the other tool for PBR.

Recently been playing with 3DC again and having really good luck going the FBX route between it & LW since obvioulsy staying the LWO's aren't presently gonna work. Mostly trying to hone retopo skills so haven't gotten into painting just yet, but quick tests looked really promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Definitely neat. Gonna have to take a closer look at that. Thought it was just for Substance Painter but guess that's actually the other tool for PBR.

Recently been playing with 3DC again and having really good luck going the FBX route between it & LW since obvioulsy staying the LWO's aren't presently gonna work. Mostly trying to hone retopo skills so haven't gotten into painting just yet, but quick tests looked really promising.
    There are two different tools. One is a separate plug-in and called substance reader, the other one is included in OD_tools toolset and called pbr importer. It loads in a snap a texture set with a bunch of options. Very useful and time saver. Oliver was talking about this second one, which will load any pbr texture set.

yeah.. talking about pbr importer, which is this: https://vimeo.com/247088794 (part of odtools 2018)

Oliver - which nodes are you using to set up the metallic and specular in Octane? Do you have a screen grab? I haven't plumped for your toolset yet (just haven't got round to it) but a project I'm on now would be cool to use this!
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Last edited by erikals; 07-09-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast