Thread: Consistent Issue with Scan Converter 3.5 and Discrete GPUs

Consistent Issue with Scan Converter 3.5 and Discrete GPUs

I have not been able to get the new Scan Converter to work on laptops with discrete GPUs. I can run Scan Converter, and it will display on the network with the discrete GPU showing (i.e. GTX960M 1) however no video is ever displayed. Even when running an application that is using the discrete GPU to render the scene, it still will not output any video over NDI to my other machines. Any ideas?

Thanks!

My laptop has a Intel 5600 and nVidia 960M GPU in it. For NDI Scan Converter to work, it must always use the Intel card, even when I have everything else in the system set to use the nVidia card. This is because the Intel GPU is always what is 'outputting' the signal, even when the nVidia card is set to do the processing.

I set the option in the nVidia Control Panel so that NDI Scan Converter will use Integrated graphics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NDI Scan Converter.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	142071
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    My laptop has a Intel 5600 and nVidia 960M GPU in it. For NDI Scan Converter to work, it must always use the Intel card, even when I have everything else in the system set to use the nVidia card. This is because the Intel GPU is always what is 'outputting' the signal, even when the nVidia card is set to do the processing.

I set the option in the nVidia Control Panel so that NDI Scan Converter will use Integrated graphics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NDI Scan Converter.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	142071
    Okay, I see. I will give it a test tonight, thank you!

Just following up! Your solution worked perfectly for me, thank you!

Glad you got it going.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.