Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keying issue with Mini SDI AE2 that I never had with TC40

Quote Originally Posted by ACross View Post
    I am afraid I do not talk discuss future development directions and plans on forums

I still believe that for most people LiveMatte is way better than most other keyers out there, especially given what the system does.
    I agree that it does a great job extracting the matte, and how it can do that on so many signals simultaneously is quite amazing. Still, when we get repeated comments like “why is there an edge there on the right side?” from our clients, I feel this is an issue worth acting on since it could actually impact our business in the long run.

> “why is there an edge there on the right side?” from our clients, I feel this is an issue worth acting on since it could actually impact our business in the long run.

I am not disagreeing at all, I just don't want to talk about the plans for the keyer on the forum

The reason it is on the right edge is because of chroma positioning in 4:2:2 color space. It is in the center of a pixel, so if you look at an image you have two luminance pixels :

|Y0|Y1|
    |--C--|

The C is positioned slightly to the right on average as a result. I will look at this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123