Thread: Connect Spark SDI - Connection Issues

Connect Spark SDI - Connection Issues

This is not the first time I’ve posted about my Spark SDI not working but here goes again.

-I can see the spark from two separate workstations and connect to it via studio monitor/IP address
    -I can ping the spark from TC410 but it does not show up in the input drop down. If I install studio monitor on the TC410, I can’t see the spark channel either.
    -I have multiple other NDI sources/cameras that are connecting to the TC410 and work without any issues.

Things I’ve done:
    RMAd the spark but the new one still has same issues
    All NDI sources + TriCaster are on the same subnet/network (they can all ping each other)
    All necessary ports (5353, are open and are not blocked by the firewall - all devices are in the same zone so the network firewall does not apply)
    Disabled local firewall on TC410 + created IB/OB port rules that allow traffic on all necessary ports
    Restored the TC410 to factory default
    Re-installed the NDI-HX driver COUNTLESS times
    Updated firmware on Spark SDI
    Downloaded new NDI 3.5 firmware/package (didn’t fix it)

I truly believe this is in someway related to a network issue but cannot figure out specifically what it is. I have gone through all NDI network/TC network settings to make sure we are up to code. NewTek support has not been able to figure out a solution either. Asking for a friend here with a strong network background who can help out a fellow......this has been going on for 5 months

Much appreciated!
    Chris

Email- chrisf@dbu.edu

What is your Ethernet switch model? Can you try a 'dumb' switch as a test, just to see if that get things talking?

Or try using Access Manager and manually adding the Spark unit into it's list of devices? However, it should be automatic discovery, so I'd try the above step first.
    Last edited by kanep; 06-28-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Right now the spark is routed through Juniper access switches which are managed by campus network infrastructure. If I was going to use a dummy switch, how exactly do you recommend I set that up? Plug TriCaster into dummy switch and then spark as well?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfore View Post
    Right now the spark is routed through Juniper access switches which are managed by campus network infrastructure. If I was going to use a dummy switch, how exactly do you recommend I set that up? Plug TriCaster into dummy switch and then spark as well?
    Is the ethernet port on the switch you're connecting the spark to set to auto-negotiate the connection speed? Or is it set to manual, 1gbit full duplex?