Thread: Isocorder pro and NVENC

Isocorder pro and NVENC

I seem to remember, way back when, ISOcorder used to have H.264 functionality but removed it because of CPU costs.

These days NVENC has progressed to the point where (especially on a quadro card) 10+ simultaneous h.264 encodes can be done without affecting CPU load. Are there any plans to revive H.264 recording on the GPU? It would be useful given that it is such a ubiquitous format.

NDI IsoCorder and IsoCorder Pro always record in QuickTime format. The codec was changed from SpeedHQ to MPEG-2/XDCAM in the latest update, but this software never recorded in H.264 format.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

H.264 encoding was not 'removed' ... it was 'moved' - from the Record module to the Stream/Encode module in AE and later versions (where it exists as "File Capture", and does use the GPU).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    H.264 encoding was not 'removed' ... it was 'moved' - from the Record module to the Stream/Encode module in AE and later versions (where it exists as "File Capture", and does use the GPU).
    To be clear this applies to TC1/VMC1, there is no h264 recording in Isocoder Pro.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Yes, that ... The standalone IsoCorder Pro never did H.264.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

My mistake, no problems. I suppose I can perform a ndi --> nvenc translation using ffmpeg and the SDK, but it's hardly an end-user solution. I'll keep thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairSolution View Post
    My mistake, no problems. I suppose I can perform a ndi --> nvenc translation using ffmpeg and the SDK, but it's hardly an end-user solution. I'll keep thinking about it.
    OBS with the NDI plug-in in another option to record NDI into H.264, with a bit more of an UI than FFMPEG.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    OBS with the NDI plug-in in another option to record NDI into H.264, with a bit more of an UI than FFMPEG.
    True . Can't sell OBS though, the way I can sell ISOcorder pro. If I was looking for an in-house solution that's probably the way I'd go (well more likely a cron job with ffmpeg actually). I've had some success translating NDI into RTMP using a service I built, and using some previous recording tools we support at that stage. Kind of ruins the advantage of low latency though.

This might be something else to check out as a solution.

https://www.3dstorm.com/en/livexpert...dia-server-ndi
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.