Thread: Can you route a NDI hx feed to a NDI device? Connect Spark and Bird Dog

Can you route a NDI hx feed to a NDI device? Connect Spark and Bird Dog

Hi,

I have a situation where i would like to run a point to point video but am limited by bandwidth and infrastructure.

As Bird Dog is coming up with the new firmware for NDI Decoding, I am wondering if I am able to use a Newtek Connect Spark, encode the feed into NDI HX, and decode it with the Bird Dog NDI device?

Are the two standards intercompatible? I understand that the quality will be based on the lowest common denominator, but theoretically possible?

Quote Originally Posted by nielyee View Post
    Hi,

I have a situation where i would like to run a point to point video but am limited by bandwidth and infrastructure.

As Bird Dog is coming up with the new firmware for NDI Decoding, I am wondering if I am able to use a Newtek Connect Spark, encode the feed into NDI HX, and decode it with the Bird Dog NDI device?

Are the two standards intercompatible? I understand that the quality will be based on the lowest common denominator, but theoretically possible?
    its not certain, but it seems very likely that Bird Dog Studio will be focussed on decoding full NDI signals.
    Whilst not impossible, I suspect you will not see decode support for NDI HX at least initially.

Your best option is to use a Mini PC with NewTek Studio Monitor 3.5 out via HDMI
    Something like the Beelink AP34