Thread: Router Changes

Router Changes

So apparently in the latest update to the TriCaster Advanced edition they have done away with the ability to pick the outputs the TriCaster controls. I find this unacceptable I need to control which outputs are controlled by the TriCaster. It took me two weeks with tech support to find out that the feature had been removed and the only solution was post a feature request. As for the reason it is needed. I have two issues one is of the first 8 inputs on my router two are bad. I also have a second TriCaster on the same router. So when I go to upgrade the second TriCaster I will have a real problem. Guess the developer didn't think about real world applications when they upgraded or was it downgraded the software.

We talked about your issue a bit here in Engineering, but no-one is aware of any relevant changes in code. Can you provide a little more detail ,or better yet, write a Fogbugz case with full detail?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    We talked about your issue a bit here in Engineering, but no-one is aware of any relevant changes in code. Can you provide a little more detail ,or better yet, write a Fogbugz case with full detail?
    Thanks for getting back to me. The backstory on this is as follows:
    Due to some strange issues I was having with Video and crashing I decided to restore to factory.
    After the restore I had to download and install the Advanced Edition software which bumped me up from version 4.1 to the current version.
    Part of the setup was to setup my router. It is a Black Magic Universal Video Hub 72. The TriCaster automatically connected but I realized it was not on the right outputs of the router. I have the outputs set to 49-56. This took a while to find since the config files are now in a new location. At first I thought that I may have been editing the wrong file but I can disable the autodetect and I can set the router by IP and it connects. However the status does not appear to be correct and any changes to the inputs made from the TriCaster only change output #1 of the router.
    Router control was working before the restore and update.
    While I have a work around for now I do need to get this fixed. Either I am doing something wrong in the setup or something has changed with the update that is causing me issues. Either way I need a resolution.

After two weeks with tech support 1 email a day I got this reply,

Hello Jerry,

It was recently brought to our attention that router output should be set to use router outputs 1-8 only. Please reconfigure these settings on the setup xml and you should be good to go.

We will be submitting a request to update the example router setup file and other documentation. in a later email I got the following.

Hello Jerry,

That is correct. You may submit a feature request through our forums. http://forums.newtek.com/forumdispla...ature-Requests
    Regards,

I think that aside may be somewhat out of date. QA was looking into this when I left today, I'll follow up tomorrow to see what they discovered.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")