Thread: Panasonic NDI upgrade not working on multiple PCs

Panasonic NDI upgrade not working on multiple PCs

Hi,

I tried on two computers with StudioMonitor from NDI 3.5 to upgrade a Panasonic AW HE130 and get this weird message. I bought these cameras for a job tomorrow. So this should be working...

Regards
    Seb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ndi_fail.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	141961

That is peculiar (I'm assuming, of course, that you do have an Internet connection). Is there any chance you could try from a different location/network?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    That is peculiar (I'm assuming, of course, that you do have an Internet connection). Is there any chance you could try from a different location/network?
    I tried on my local land line in the office and via LTE router. Internet connectivity was working as I could buy the license in your online store. For today I was able to connect the cameras via SDI, but that's not what I intended. I will try again and come back with feedback.

Please do - if something is busted, I'll happily direct the matter to the right people.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

On Windows I had no luck. The error comes up on two different machines with different internet connections. Luckily I also have a Mac. There it worked...
    BTW: It's 2018. Copy and paste of a license number into a GUI would be a nice thing.

About an hour ago I was able to successfully enter my serial number use the NDI upgrade for Panasonic cameras. I initially had an operator error that was preventing me the first time I tried it though. I had manually set the laptop's IP address to the camera controller subnet (which has no internet access) but once I reset my laptop to DHCP it worked correctly.