Thread: System Cursor not showing up from Scan Converter. How do I go about enabling it?

System Cursor not showing up from Scan Converter. How do I go about enabling it?

I have a two systems (a Windows 10 Machine to a Macbook Pro) that I'm using to cast one screen to another, using Scan Converter and Studio Monitor. everything works fine except that the cursor of the source system isn't showing up on the monitor system
    Couldn't find a setting anywhere. is there a command tag I should be adding to the .exe, or should I be placing an image somewhere for the file?

Thanks in Advance!

UPDATED: Watch this space ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Windows is dumb, especially when it comes to headless and/or mouseless machines. Follow the instructions in the following link, or just plug a spare USB mouse into the Windows machine.

https://support.parsecgaming.com/hc/...PC-Or-A-Server
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

If this is the new NDI Scan Converter with NDI Tools 3.5, it will not see the mouse pointer. However, there is a workaround. Go into the mouse settings and turn on 'pointer trails' and set the trails to the shortest duration.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

hi everyone, thanks for the replies!
    - the accessibility option thing isn't working for me. I have a mouse in the windows system right now. but will check back if it suddenly appears after a restart
    - the mouse pointer trails workaround definitely works, but it's kinda distracting for the firsthand display ,_, it'll work for the moment as needed

thanks again everyone! will check back too if there's any updates

EDIT: yeah to clarify: I'm running a recent copy of NDI Tools, so probably 3.5
    Last edited by VegetableStu; 06-12-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Also to note, you can have the new NDI Tools 3.5 installed on a system and NDI Scan Converter from the NDI Tools portable (which is the previous version). That way you can covered what whatever you needs might be.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Really, it's a Scan Converter bug? Guess I won't be switching from OBS+ndi or vMix anytime soon.
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by lukerctv View Post
    Really, it's a Scan Converter bug? Guess I won't be switching from OBS+ndi or vMix anytime soon.
    What precisely are you calling a “bug”? I don't see one mentioned in any of these posts, but if there is one, we will certainly look into it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    UPDATED: Watch this space ...
    OK, didn't want to mention this yesterday, but the brand new Scan Converter has been updated to support mouse pointer capture, without 'workarounds'. The main 3.5 installer has been updated, and the new version was posted late yesterday.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Sweet, thanks. Can't wait for the Mac update!
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    Video Nerd

OK, didn't want to mention this yesterday, but the brand new Scan Converter has been updated to support mouse pointer capture, without 'workarounds'. The main 3.5 installer has been updated, and the new version was posted late yesterday.
    Awesome this has been added!
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Same here. waiting for the Mac OS Update.

Sadly, when I use the new "Show Pointer" option, it forces the refresh rate of the cursor to 60hz. Not an issue for most people, but I use 144hz displays and it causes tearing.