Thread: TC MINI Flashing Red Light then Fails

TC MINI Flashing Red Light then Fails

Recently I have been having some issues out of my Mini (HDMI). I travel with mine in a Pelican Case and some times when I cut it on the back of the unit starts flashing red. Windows and the TC Interface will load correctly but when it gets to a session its basically locks up.

My unit is a couple years old and out of warranty so I just decided the first time to reseed the connections and I noticed it fixed it. Then it started happening again. Each time till recently I would just unplug the connections plug them back in and it would work. It might do it on back to back events or maybe its every 3rd or 4th time. No rhyme or reason to it.

Then a couple weeks ago the unit wen out on me during a show. It was running smooth and completly shutoff and then would not work even after messing with the connections. I switched over to a backup machine but it looks like whatever the issues is, has caused the machine to go out for good.

Has anyone seen this before or have any clue what part to replace? I did speak with someone in CS previously and asked about the flashing red light but they mentioned nobody had reported that before.

Tried RESTORE to make sure it's not a software issue? Software up to date?

"unplug the connections plug them back in and it would work."

Which connections?

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Where is the flashing red light? A picture of this might help.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Hey guys. Software was up to date. I could do a restore assuming the machine boots up.

I can take a pic when I get back home. When you power the machine on, there is a constant blue light but also a red light that comes on for a split second but goes off. It does not stay on the whole time. That is the light that flashes. I am assuming the flashing is some sort of warning.

On the question as to what wires, the single connections that are green and (I think) red. They are both right in front as you open up the unit. Not the clustered connection that has multiple ones included towards the bottom middle of the unit.

I'll include a pic from that as well. I have been told me a computer guy I know well, that his best guess would be a heat sync issue. He knows computers will but is not a production guy more of an IT guy. I'll post some pics here shortly.

Here is the video. I point to 2 cables in the short video but they were the yellow and red.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&fea...id=-Kd1H3joScQ

I powered on the machine for this video. I will not enter windows. I goes from the opening Newtek screen to a boot up screen.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC Boot Up.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	141958

Here is a pic of the blinking red light.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC Pic 2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	141959
    Last edited by Radio_TVPat1982; 06-11-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Bad link, goes to the YT video editor.

Mini looks VERY dusty, would not be surprised if maybe some internal cooling issues had lead to overheating at some point along the way
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

This link should work.

https://youtu.be/-Kd1H3joScQ

I do use the unit a lot outdoors just coming off a softball and baseball season. Some setups are like feet away from the field. That pic may be a little misleading with the flash and grainy camera phone. Either way hopefully it's not the end of life for the unit.....
    Last edited by Radio_TVPat1982; 06-11-2018 at 02:30 PM.