Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New TurbulenceFD Group Buy-in! (Round 3! IGNITE!)

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    So, no update on the current price?!? :-\
    IIRC in the previous group buy Kat only posted once about the price so I wouldn't expect him to post again about it even after the offer is over. I didn't even know how much everyone got it for last time till right now from JohnMarchant's post above yours. I would guess though that we might have a higher price than last time, only because I would assume a majority of LWers who were really interested in this plugin already bought it since this is the third one. I don't know how popular TFD is with C4D users so I can't gauge it, but I'd say if you're interested you should kind of assume it's going to be $300 and hope there are enough people to surprise you with a lower price. I had to pass on the previous one due to budget reasons but I am in this one so I hope you join.

Frequenter
    Thanks for you taking the time, Lito...
    i´d would really like to add TFD to my arsenal but I would need to know how much it cost as a max before I would dare to say "I am in"... I do not have a job right now that would demand it so $360 would just not be justified for me right now... if much cheaper, well, it would depend...
    Even more so as I / we would buy in to a version which surely still is a very valuable tool - as without much alternative solutions that reside inside of Layout - but also it seems a bit dated.
    If we could expect a chance of real great price - I mean much less - I surely believe that a much greater number - especially hobbyists - would join in.
    Anyway, I´d want to know what price to expect as a max before I join. Well, time for me to go to bed now - has been a long day for me - so I think I will have to pass (again...)..

@ KAT and Jascha:
    I don´t expect it but nevertheless I´d consider it a smart move to provide info about the current price and extend the deadline for a day or two. I bet it would draw a good number more users into the deal.
    Last edited by fishhead; 06-14-2018 at 04:14 PM. Reason: adding a note about needing to sleep...

Please extend the deadline. I saw this today.
    Ambocc Studios
    www.ambocc.com
    Reel

How many people ended up buying this for this round?
    Ambocc Studios
    www.ambocc.com
    Reel

Quote Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    How many people ended up buying this for this round?
    Dunno. I got the confirmation from Kat on Friday. The group price was $341.80, down from $489.00.

I followed the link in the email to PayPal. I had to set up an account, instead of being allowed to do a one-time transaction. AFAIKT, the transaction went through, it's Pending on my online credit card statement, but Kat has sent me two emails so far, asking me to make the payment on PayPal. I responded with the email receipt from PayPal and a screenshot of my credit card statement, so, let's see what happens.

Kat?

If you have a new PayPal account you probably need to verify your credit card before making a payment. If this is required you have a notification on your PayPal account.

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post
    If you have a new PayPal account you probably need to verify your credit card before making a payment. If this is required you have a notification on your PayPal account.
    Just checked my PayPal account. Looks good.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PayPal2.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	141973

EDIT:
    Just got an email from Kat. He's wairing on one last buyer whom he had to refund because the buyer paid in $AU. I thought there was some kind of conversion with PayPal. Guess I don't understand international finance as well as I thought.
    Last edited by paulk; 06-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    Please extend the deadline. I saw this today.
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...p-buy-in!-ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Just checked my PayPal account. Looks good.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PayPal2.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	141973

EDIT:
    Just got an email from Kat. He's wairing on one last buyer whom he had to refund because the buyer paid in $AU. I thought there was some kind of conversion with PayPal. Guess I don't understand international finance as well as I thought.
    I can't pay USD directly from my EUR bank account. I must pay with VISA, MASTERCARD... And when you are paying with PayPal you can choose the conversion option (eur>usd) by PayPal or your bank. PayPal is usually more expensive.

I had to be careful with that because it (PayPal) defaulted to £341.80 rather than $. Luckily I spotted it in time :-)
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

Alright, I got in on the deal. Can't wait to create some awesome FX thingys..
    Ambocc Studios
    www.ambocc.com
    Reel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123