Thread: Streaming vs. Browser - need update?

Streaming vs. Browser - need update?

I've had no luck getting a Tricaster 40 v2 to stream to Facebook. The final 'Go' button in Facebook is not active, as if it's waiting some something else. When first entering Facebook, I get a message that I need a newer browser.

Just tried setting up a stream to YouTube. Got the same message - I need an updated browser.
    The Tricaster has Internet Explorer 10. Not the newest, but not really that old.

Can I install a newer browser? - either IE 11, or maybe Chrome?
    The manual says not to install ANY new software.

Updating the browser will not make a difference inside the TriCaster itself. However, streaming to these destinations has nothing to do with the browser. I use another computer to get the streaming URL and ID information and just type that information into the TriCaster. I want to monitor the stream anyways during a production, so I have Chrome/FireFox/Edge installed on that system.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

This will help.
    it's what used to help me get it setup when we use our T40.
    http://www.gnuralnet.com/facebook-li...eaming-utility
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Thanks for the suggestion. But apparently, I'm doing something else wrong. I can get the URL & Streaming Key within the Tricaster's streaming setup. But the "Go" button in Facebook is never active (grayed out).

Just tried this again. Nothing! Facebook asks me to use Chrome or Firefox. I have Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome on my laptop. Trying to log into Facebook on my laptop, using Internet Explorer, I get the same message - use Chrome or Firefox. Using Chrome works fine. No problem.
    Seems Facebook really wants Chrome. Is anyone using their Tricaster / Internet Explorer to stream? I'd like to know how. The Gnuralnet instructions seem to be using an older version of Facebook - I don't get the same screens.

Did you start streaming? The GoLive button doesn't become active until it starts receiving data.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Problem 1: It seems the Tricaster 40v2 won't allow starting the stream until I've completed the set-up (connection to the stream host).

Problem 2: When I click on "Live Video" in Facebook, I just get a twirling donut (it's thinking?). It did this yesterday and again today. So now I can't even get to the "GoLive" button.