Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streaming Error

Quote Originally Posted by webslave View Post
    The idea that the operator can mitigate this by simply keeping a backup is facile
    Mitigating bugs would not be my number one reason for keeping a backup, but that doesn't make it a bad idea.

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-GANA-S...8RBV7B7N430N86

Quote Originally Posted by webslave View Post
    If you were after a system that didn't need LiveMatte on every input, NDI on every input and output, virtual sets, 8 MEs, 4K, and Skype and instead just needed a few inputs, recording, streaming, and media playback - are you better or worse off? Just a minor curiosity.
    No matter what choices we make, or how much testing we do, etc., etc., there will always be critics - some contending for less, some asking for more. But to answer your question, when a TriCaster is overkill, there are lots of alternatives.

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-GANA-S...8RBV7B7N430N86
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

That's it, I'm GOING GANA!!!

Seriously though, I did a 3-hour LIVE TV event a couple of months ago and TC1 performed flawlessly. Was recently prepping the TC1 to do another 3-hour LIVE event for 4th of July parade, with same crew as before. I noticed there was a recent release of NEW software for TC1 and I was going to download and install it, then I checked myself - the TC1 ran perfectly for the last event, and failure is not an option when live via satellite with no commercial breaks, so I did NOT update TC1. Worked great as it had before! So just saying, use caution before jumping onto the bleeding edge, go with what works.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    That's it, I'm GOING GANA!!!

Seriously though, I did a 3-hour LIVE TV event a couple of months ago and TC1 performed flawlessly. Was recently prepping the TC1 to do another 3-hour LIVE event for 4th of July parade, with same crew as before. I noticed there was a recent release of NEW software for TC1 and I was going to download and install it, then I checked myself - the TC1 ran perfectly for the last event, and failure is not an option when live via satellite with no commercial breaks, so I did NOT update TC1. Worked great as it had before! So just saying, use caution before jumping onto the bleeding edge, go with what works.

Thanks
    Yeah, as webslave pointed out earlier there are a few of us who are stuck with picking from any of the builds based on which has the most working parts for the given show. I have been working with the support/qa group to try and help resolve the issues I have found but it is stressful going into shows at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12