Thread: Studio Monitor new install, crashes immediately on 3 different laptops

Studio Monitor new install, crashes immediately on 3 different laptops

Title kind of says everything.
    I have my first Connect Spark up and running and can connect via a browser to Control panel no problem

I downloaded the NDI|HX drivers package and installed it, then the NDI Tools Pack since Studio Monitor is no longer in the drivers package. Both appeared to install without a hitch

Soon as I run Studio Monitor, it crashes with a BEX64 / StackHash error report. I did the usual things of uninstall/reinstall, disable antivirus realtime protection, turned off DEP via bcdedit, uninstalled a few other video programs that might have caused driver/memory clashes etc etc.

I then tried two other laptops with identical results -- immediate crash on loading Studio Monitor.
    All laptops are running Windows 7, 64-bit and have latest OS and hardware updates.

So I guess my Newtek product evaluation has hit a brick wall! I saved a .dmp file and can link from my dropbox if that would help? I can also upload the executable, which is the one currently available https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/#download-tools

User error, bug or just bad luck?

There will be a brand new and much more powerful version of SM in a day or two. I'd just order a pizza and wait, if you can.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Sounds good, thanks Steve!

No hurry, we're evaluating for a possible campus-wide deployment at church. If the developers are interested in the crash dump file let me know & I'll post a dropsend link.

cheers

Baz