Thread: New User, trouble installing Studio Monitor

New User, trouble installing Studio Monitor

Good evening everyone,
    I'm in the process of evaluating Newtek NDI products for my church (4 campuses to interconnect) and I seem to be stumbling right out of the gate.

I have the Connect Spark hardware connected and on the network, and can view the Control Panel & video stream in a browser ok.
    However, when I downloaded the NDI/HX driver from this link sent by email - http://mkto-q0143.com/n/y9DQnyqa0M0fCVY0jZ00030 - the only item in the package was Access Manager. No sign of Studio Monitor as indicated in the User Manual PDF I also downloaded from the website. Access Manager didn't seem to be much use to me at this stage.

OK so I did a Google search and found the NDI Tools Pack here - http://pages.newtek.com/NDI-Tools-Pa...aliId=56846399
    That seemed to contain everything I required, unfortunately Studio Monitor crashes immediately on launch, with a BEX64 / Stackhash error which could be an issue on my PC. But I thought it best to pause at this stage and seek your help, to at least verify I have the latest versions, and also to inquire why the NDI/HX Driver didn't contain Studio Monitor as indicated.

I'm using a Windows 7 PC for the moment, we do have Macs also, but had similar problems with Studio Monitor missing from the OSX package.

We see great potential in Newtek & Sienna NDI for our rather large church (10,000 + congregation each weekend) and hope I can get going properly!

thanks in advance
    Baz
    Last edited by BazCBG; 05-29-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Hi Baz,

You will love NDI once you things situated there. I download NDI|HX drivers here - https://www.newtek.com/ndihx/products/

Studio Monitor was recently removed from the NDI|HX driver installation, now separate. Caused me some consternation out in the field since I wasn't aware of the change.

Here's some tech tips for your networking with NDI - NDI_Network_Guidelines_se_21_May_2018.pdf

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thanks Jeff! You know how it is with a product you're new to, I assume I'm doing something wrong! We'll start over using the link and info you kindly provided.

I'll post an update at the weekend, and start a new thread if more questions arise. Appreciate your help!

Baz
    "When all else fails, read the instructions"
    Last edited by BazCBG; 05-30-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Jeff

One typo in the Network Guidlines 21 May PDF, on page 2:
    "Check the available port range from a Microsoft® Windows® PC using Cmd: ntsh"
    Command should be netsh, not ntsh
    Most people would figure that out but I'm a bit OCD I guess!

Baz