Thread: Finally getting a TC Mini SDI

Once more into the CPU!

Finally getting a TC Mini SDI

Everything has aligned in the sky for the video program I work at. After 3 long years we will be completing our HD upgrade. With this, and money my boss's boss needs to spend before the end of July, we'll also be upgrading to 2 TriCaster Mini SDIs. One will be used for studio production while the other will handle all of our multi-camera event needs. Already this will cut down the amount of converters we'll need, make replay MUCH easier(we currently use some odd S-VHS set up to do football replay), and will cut down on the extra time I have to commit to upload our daily show to YouTube.

And with all that said this will also be the summer we surplus our old VT5. I've kept it as a back-up for the back-up due to past experiences with students and equipment. Add note here of student spilling her latte on a PC just 2 months ago and stills brings food into the edit lab.

I'm glad we're staying with NewTek and I hope we stay with it for another 12 years... Now back to wiring plans for a graduation of 500+ students, a 10000+ audience, and who knows how many online... Is 32 to young for white hairs?
    TC40 6e.V2
    TC Mini SDI 5-1-180323(Early June 18)
    -BMSC
    -SDI/Component/S-Video
    -LiveText v3.* w/LT[SB2]
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    "Keeping you in tune with school!"
    South Kitsap High School

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    Good luck with the new systems. As you plan your setup think about ways that NDI could support your workflow, and make sure you have a quality 1G Switch in place (like the Ubituity UniFi Switch PoE 24 - 250W) to build around. The more you use an IP based setup, the more cumbersome traditional SDI will seem.

Most of all - have fun!

-john
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691[/SIZE]

john@gnural.com
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x