Thread: Live Panel TC-1 Is there audio monitoring?

Live Panel TC-1 Is there audio monitoring?

Our TC-1 is currently getting installed in SER (studio equipment room) on the main floor and I can call up Live Panel from my workstation on the 3rd floor. Although that, in itself, is pretty awesome, I'm wondering how I'm supposed to monitor any of the audio, program or otherwise. Is audio monitoring not possible from Live Panel and, if not, how do others do it?
    Thanks.

Have not used LivePanel yet, however would you be able to run a laptop in same vicinity? Take an NDI feed from TriCaster and you'd have audio with that, as well as perfect video.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

It would work even with a Studio monitor running in the background, on same computer as the one used to control Live Panel.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    It would work even with a Studio monitor running in the background, on same computer as the one used to control Live Panel.
    Yes of course that makes sense! Guess I was thinking of someone using a tablet for LivePanel control, but certainly a laptop should be able to accommodate both needs

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thanks for your thoughts. Running an NDI Studio Monitor was also my first (actually only) solution. Does being browser-based prevent embedded audio in Live Panel?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_h View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. Running an NDI Studio Monitor was also my first (actually only) solution. Does being browser-based prevent embedded audio in Live Panel?
    Having low latency audio is difficult in a browser based application. You could stream it into a browser, but then it would be behind by a few seconds.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.