Thread: WIFI connection with Spark

WIFI connection with Spark

I use a Connect Spark HDMI and a Connect Spark SDI. If I use there with wired LAN all is good and I can bring the NDI to TC.
    But I will use the Sparks with WIFI. I have a WIFI network and can connect the Sparks with this. In the same WIFI network I have also a laptop. With the Studio Monitor on this Laptop I can see the NDIs from the Sparks.
    But I will bring the NDI to the TC. If I start on the laptop in the WIFI the Test Pattern or the Scan Converter I can see this NDIs oon the TC and also in other Windows PC in the wired LAN. But the NDIs from the Sparks I canīt see.
    What is the differenz between the "normal" NDI from the Test Pattern and the NDI | HX from the Spark?
    What can I do to connect the WIFI Spark with my TC or a PC with Studio Monitor?

NDI|HX driver is actual. Registration of all Sparks in the Access Manager has been made.

Greetings, Hartmut

Edit: I can connect with Firefox-Browser from the PC on wired LAN to the Spark in WIFI to administrate and can there also see the video.
    Last edited by rabbit; 05-17-2018 at 03:38 AM.
    Tricaster 460AE2 + 460CS
    3 x JVC GY-HM890
    Panasonic AW-UE70
    Newtek PTZ1 | Newtek Spark HDMI | Newtek Spark SDI

Most of them time, these kind of problems are network related. So it would help to know the details so aspects of your network.

Between the test with the Spark with the laptop on WiFi and the test using the TriCaster, is this the same network or different networks?

I'd highly recommend that your connect the laptop to a wired network. Sending NDI (not HX) using wireless can max out many WiFi access points, you might not be giving any bandwidth left over for the Spark devices once you get the laptop is going. Putting the laptop on wired will free up that wireless spectrum. Make everything wired and only use wireless for devices were it is ABSOLUTELY required. If running a cable is possible (I understand it might be pain), run that cable!

What are the IP address of the TriCaster, laptop and your Spark units in the situation when they aren't working together?

Something else you can try, is using NDI Access Manager (should found in the Add-Ons on the TriCaster) and add new a 'Remote' device of a NewTek Connect Spark and type in its IP Address into the tool. See if that makes it show up.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I can understand the most of it.
    For the test the laptop is in the same WiFi network as the Sparks. The laptop have the IP xxx.xxx.228.3 and the Spark has the IP xxx.xxx.228.1. The Sparks send NDI|HX and the laptop send NDI. The Tricaster is in a other network segment, in a wired network. In the same network as the Tricaster is also a PC (Windows 7). I can see in the Tricaster (also in the PC) the NDI from the laptop but not the NDI|HX from the Spark. I make the tests successively - if I test Spark there is no NDI-source active and if I test the laptop thee is no NDI|HX active.
    On the PC I have installed Wireshark. If I open the Studio Monitor I have in Wireshark a contact over port 5960 and if I choose in Studio Monitor the laptop as source I have a contact with port 5961. I think, that is right. But I see in Wireshark no contact over port 5960 or other with the Spark- nothing. ??????

On both, Tricaster and PC, I using the NDI Access Manager and have the Spark and the laptop add as Remote device.

Yes, I will use only WiFi if it is necessary - we have a big green campus with complete WiFi-network and it is a nice feature for our students to use the camera on the campus to make a live-reportage from the campus.
    Tricaster 460AE2 + 460CS
    3 x JVC GY-HM890
    Panasonic AW-UE70

I`m very happy - it works.
    The problem was a restriction for the connection between WiFi and cableLAN.
    I think, it is a good idea if anyone write a document with a list of ports, protocolls and so on that NDI and ND|HX use. That helps our IT-admin and also us as the user of this technic.

Greetings, Hartmut
    Tricaster 460AE2 + 460CS
    3 x JVC GY-HM890
    Panasonic AW-UE70

Glad you figured it out. There is a document for NDI (currently not NDI|HX) that does list the ports used and other networking information. I believe they are working on updating this document when NDI 3.5 is released.

https://233b1d13b450eb6b33b4-ac2a332...ical-brief.pdf
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.