Thread: Modeler crash in LW 3D 2018

Modeler crash in LW 3D 2018

Anyone else who have had this problem?

I get crashes almost every 15 minutes when trying to create a model that needs some twist and tweak.

It seems like the crash report craves a lot of information that I do not understand... would like to just send the file in but I guess that will not help.

I sent the file any way but do not get any answer from Newtek!

The thing is that you have to sit and model the 3D object and make a lot of changes before it goes down! Which technician will spend time for this?

Just asking!
    Curious

there is no sanctuary....
    I was eating lunch and sitting at the desk and said why not. I made a 128x128 sphere and started twisting, tweaking, using extend, sub patch on and off, magnet, stretch, taper more tweak etc. Nothing after about 20 minutes of that. Just a really strange looking object. I completely avoided 3rd party plugins.
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 398.36
    LW 2018.5 x64
    Space Navigator

Modeler has been crashing for me. But it is when it is in the background and I am working in Layout. Today I was making a rather large preview. In the middle of that I got the message that Modeler had unexpectedly quit.

Well, this is the strange thing. From time to time I could work for hours and by a sudden it crashes after a couple of minutes in the same session when I open it later!

Bill do you have an image of your strange object... it could be a piece of art for special needs

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    I was eating lunch and sitting at the desk and said why not. I made a 128x128 sphere and started twisting, tweaking, using extend, sub patch on and off, magnet, stretch, taper more tweak etc. Nothing after about 20 minutes of that. Just a really strange looking object. I completely avoided 3rd party plugins.
    - - - Updated - - -

Today I have been able to work for two hours modeling a spaceship without any crashes... hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by lertola2 View Post
    Modeler has been crashing for me. But it is when it is in the background and I am working in Layout. Today I was making a rather large preview. In the middle of that I got the message that Modeler had unexpectedly quit.
    Curious

The same things on regular basis.

Yes, I've seen this several times, and mostly I'm using very simple models. Thankfully, Modeler restarts just fine. I haven't seen any pattern of what I'm doing in Layout to potentially crash Modeler. The Bug Report system doesn't come up when it does this, just the "Retry, Close or Debug" panel. I have Visual Studio 2013, so I should probably press "Debug", at least copy&paste the Call Stack, and ship it off with out a reproducer script.

mTp

there is no sanctuary....
    I had that a few times, but not on 2018.3 or 4, at least not yet.
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 398.36
    LW 2018.5 x64
    Space Navigator

Same constant crashing of Modeler in the background while working in Layout throughout all 2018 releases, so far, on OS X. Trouble is I can’t put in a bug report as I’ve no idea what’s triggering it!