Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightwave on "jane the virgin"

Lightwave on "jane the virgin"

I animated several episodes of "Jane the Virgin" for the CW network. It is also available on Netflix. This video is just a screen grab. I'm too lazy to upload the original files yet!

The animation was originally attempted with physics and path winds. But pages kept getting crumpled. So instead I did it with instances which ended up working well, esp. since they all had to align at the end. Early versions were too violent and looks like they would paper cut her to death!

The show is aimed at the Latina audience and promotes literacy. The main character, Jane, is a writer. This sequence shows her combining projects together. The show is not literal, and has no problem coming up with fantasy sequences, which makes it more fun that just some literal action movie:

SEE THE EPISODE: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/jane-the-v...7-40d84c76fd42

Cool. Nice work.

Second jane the virgin clip

In this scene Jane's impossibly handsome boyfriend tries to imagine a hotel he would like to build. It was shot in Long Beach but set in Florida.

The architecture is deliberately made too "clean" in order to mimic an architectural walkthrough.

Broken links

The links above don't work if you click on them. Here are new links:

https://www.facebook.com/angrygaypop...1962208377877/

https://www.facebook.com/angrygaypop...0140605226704/

THe above links are broken because I posted them on my Scientology protest youtube page and the Church took my channel down in an act of censorship.

Good work (LW & free speeching)

Is being critical of hollywood scientology a professional challenge? Aren't they like the illuminati there?
    LW7.5D, LW2015.3, LW2018.0.x running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Is being critical of hollywood scientology a professional challenge? Aren't they like the illuminati there?
    OK, I'm going to curb this part of the discussion right here. I refer you to the forum moderation policies. This has come up before, and regardless of what one may think of or experience with any given brand of religious persuasion (or absence of same), it's not a discussion we're going to have here, sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No discussion of persuasion was intended or expected. There was a genuine curiosity how the promotion of personal opinion (via a publicly known YouTube channel or web site) affects professional pursuits. But I will leave it to a PM if Don wants to respond.
    LW7.5D, LW2015.3, LW2018.0.x running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

No discussion of persuasion was intended or expected. There was a genuine curiosity how the promotion of personal opinion (via a publicly known YouTube channel or web site) affects professional pursuits. But I will leave it to a PM if Don wants to respond.
    If you want to know about my decade of work on this subject and what happened please go to http://angrygaypope.com

No discussion of persuasion was intended or expected.
    Scientology is a hot-button topic. While I understand your curiosity, an inappropriate (for this forum) discussion would almost certainly ensue, which is why I curtailed it before it could happen.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Great work man
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Scientology is a hot-button topic. While I understand your curiosity, an inappropriate (for this forum) discussion would almost certainly ensue, which is why I curtailed it before it could happen.
    Suppose I uploaded a model of a cathedral I wanted to share. Is that not a religious topic?

Quote Originally Posted by DonJMyers View Post
    Suppose I uploaded a model of a cathedral I wanted to share. Is that not a religious topic?
    A considerably less contentious one, but if something in the nature of a religious dispute ensued, then moderation would likely follow as well.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

A considerably less contentious one, but if something in the nature of a religious dispute ensued, then moderation would likely follow as well.
    What if Newtek talked about my work on the speededit blog (too late for that) or the LW monthly journal outside the confines of the community boards and comments were not allowed?

My photos and videos were used on Leah Remini's show (which won an emmy) making me a double emmy winner. The first was animating for Spielberg on HBO's "The Pacific."

I have between 5-10 million views of my videos ALL of which were done entirely with speededit and LW for 3d. If my work was not notable my enemies would not have DDOS attacked me 6-8 billion times this year (literally). They would not have gotten my ten year old YT channel deleted for a second time.

I feel this is newsworthy and would benefit the LW community (forget speededit). I'm also one of the few animators with work on major US shows using LW. I am not part of the autodesk mega-monopoly and never will be.

I've been physically threatened, many cats died to bring people this information. It makes for a great story and a practical example of using NT tools for something other than the typical stuff (weddings/sports/tv shows) etc.
    Last edited by DonJMyers; 05-18-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Thank you for deleting the religious dispute posts before I had the chance to see them. There does not seem to be any religious dispute posts remaining here.

Don, good luck on the just announced final season of JTV.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast