Thread: Spark reboot require camera reboot?

Spark reboot require camera reboot?

Hi, I am Spark HDMI user. I found every time I reboot the Spark, it give me a blue or gray screen. I had to reboot the camera after the Spark reboot to make the live screen back to work. Same thing happen in vMix NDI source as well.

This make me feel its unstable and so far I don't want to use the Spark in work.

Is the can be fixed? Thanks.

some time it may need to re-open the NDI monitor. My config below:

Connect Spark
    Camera: BMD BMMSC
    Network: Wifi or Ethernet

I just tired my Spark HDMI with my JVC camera. I rebooted the Spark and in less than 30 seconds it was back up and the signal was active without me having to do anything. Could it be a setting or something in how the BMD camera operates? Does it turn off the HDMI output if the other end 'disconnects'?

Has your Spark been updated with the latest firmware?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

The Bmmsc doesnt has a option to auto close the HDMI out once the target location turn off. The Spark has been updated to latest firmware. I also try another Sony cam X3000 it does the same problem.

BTW, I used to think the Spark should accept all kind of the input format under 1080 60p, but its not. The only output format can work on Bmmsc is 1080 24p, 60p/50i/30p not working at all. Any testing result or tables for this?