Thread: Newtek NDI PTZ Camera control inside Tricaster

Newtek NDI PTZ Camera control inside Tricaster

I have just got a NDI PTZ controller but I am unable to control it from the Tricaster PTZ controller. I can control it via Studio Monitor and via it's IP Address webpage but I can't set up the PTZ controller at the bottom of the Tricaster User Interface. I have downloaded the latest upgrade for my Tricaster Mini as of 10th April 18. Can someone advise what part of the setup I might be missing. By the way I have also updated the camera to firmware 111 to see if this helped and it didn't. I can see the camera over NDI in Tricaster.

Kind regards
    Frank

Is the Mini running Standard Edition or Advanced Edition software?

If it is Advanced Edition, you have NDI selected as the PTZ type, this should be the default.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,

It is Advanced Edition 2. I have connected the camera on input 5 selected the camera as a NDI source from the dropdown list and I can see the camera output on Input 5. I am though unable to control the camera via the PTZ controls at the bottom of the GUI. I have selected input 5 at the bottom and I can save screen grabs to previews but nothing else.

Frank

I have got it working. Just realised that the PTZ Control was set to Newteck PTZ not NDI.

One other thing is there some way to edit the speed the camera goes from Preset to Preset so the move can be used LIVE as a smotther PAN?

Not at this time, sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by frank.leggett View Post
    I have got it working. Just realised that the PTZ Control was set to Newteck PTZ not NDI.

One other thing is there some way to edit the speed the camera goes from Preset to Preset so the move can be used LIVE as a smotther PAN?
    The thing to realize about PTZ cameras is that they by default move to get setup for the next preset as quickly as possible. If you want 'on screen' moves, I would recommend using manually control.
    Last edited by kanep; 05-11-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.