Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help setting up mix minus on 2 talkshows on Tricaster advanced 410

I had a ProTek replacment VS4000 last year that was tested by support before shipping. It was running the latest 170901 version with Skype TX Control and channels at the latest version. I had a problem with the 170901 release with Logitech C920 cameras not going to a resolution above 360p (eventually resolved by turning off rightlight in the Logitech control software) and I restored it back to the previous release. After that CH3's audio showed up on CH1 and CH3. It would go back to normal if I updated back to 170901 and back to the CH3 on CH1 and CH3 with the previous release. So something in the firmware update wasn't getting initialized or some other firmware issue.

Received another replacement unit and never had to go back to the older release as engineering figured out the webcam controller settings.

Just mentioning this experience as the update might have messed up the firmware.

I'd be happy to talk to you, themovieguy, and see if we can determine where the problem is. You can call me at 425-802-6077

Rob
    Last edited by rlsafran; 08-28-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Rob Safran
    Satori Seven Productions
    rob@sharewisdom.tv

TriCaster: 460 AE, TC1
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    NDI Transmit
    VSE and LiveText
    Camera: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Just a quick tip for when you do get the mix-minus dialed-in how you like it - in Audio Mixer, put mouse to far left and you get those little tabs/bins that pop out from left side. Right-click on #1 and EXPORT - that will save a complete snapshot of EVERY CURRENT SETTING in the Audio Mixer. Name and Save accordingly so you know what it is and where it is. And not on C: drive as that can get wiped with RESTORE then it is lost. So maybe you are in a different/new session at a later date and you can just hit IMPORT on the bin and get all those settings right back instantly!! Very slick feature to use.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    ... and you get those little tabs/bins that pop out from left side.
    We refer to those a "MEMs", just for the record.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'd double-check your hardware output settings. If you had to create a new session after an update, it might be easy to overlook that you need to reset MIX 2 to use AUX 1 as the audio source. Then you can use MIX 2 as your return source. If you haven't changed that output setting, you are going to send program "MASTER" audio out on all the MIX options, no matter what you've done to the AUX audio routing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MixOutputSettings.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	142637

Be sure you've changed MIX 2 Audio from Master to AUX 1.

Then change your return to MIX 2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChangetoMIX2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	142638

Then you should be good to go if the individual TalkShow inputs are routed properly.

Kris
    Last edited by kltv; 08-30-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    TriCaster: 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5 (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123