Thread: TC1 +TC1SP CS options

TC1 +TC1SP CS options

(an alternative title could be "the joy of new hardware")

the installed hardware is TC1 and the TC1SP control surface-

so we all know the quick key combo to tie BKGD and DSK1 together (punch both at the same time)
    and to auto or take DSK 3 or 4, you would hit ALT then DSK1 for DSK3 and ALT DSK2 for DSK4

a macro seems to be the only solution to TIE BKGD and DSK3 or 4 together...
    I have tried every combination shift control and alt with no cigar... (but found some very interesting results... like "locking out" an input or DSK)

i found on other threads that a macro is required to assign inputs 9-16 to the CS which is not bad but wish that it was included in the docs- an option to save $ and space with the smaller CS is one thing-

I was literally just trying this today - couldn't manage to select BKGND and 3 or 4 at the same time.

There doesn't appear to be anything on SHIFT+BACKGROUND. Maybe if BKGND were assigned to SHIFT+BACKGROUND in the CS configuration utility?
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

creating a macro for each option might be just as effective- could get a little busy in a really complex show, but saving space and $ on a smaller control surface usually creates problems like this-

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    I was literally just trying this today - couldn't manage to select BKGND and 3 or 4 at the same time.

There doesn't appear to be anything on SHIFT+BACKGROUND. Maybe if BKGND were assigned to SHIFT+BACKGROUND in the CS configuration utility?

Did you try presing holdinb background, shift or alt, then letting go of background to hit the dsk keys, I thought I was able to activate all three dsks but not in a way I would want to do a live show.

Now that I think of it the joy stick could control DSK 1 and 2 size but when I did shift and selected the dsk keys for 3 & 4 they would light up but not control anything... guess I should try again and file a bug.