Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ndi 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Updated website is now up listing new features.
    https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/

Just a quick recap.

Windows:
    NDI Scan Converter runs mostly in GPU with excellent performance and no noticeable overhead
    NDI Studio Monitor now has web base remote control features
    VLC 3.x plug-in
    NDI|HX drivers included
    NDI Virutal Input sends NDI video into webcam applications

Macintosh:
    NDI Access Manager, add your Mac to NDI groups and setup NDI sources on different subnets

What NDI HX driver version is included with NDI Tools 3.5>
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

Any signof the compiled ffmpeg with NDI support?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSpaw View Post
    Any signof the compiled ffmpeg with NDI support?

Steve
    FFMPEG 4.0 with NDI support is available with the NDI SDK, which has also been released.
    https://www.newtek.com/ndi/sdk/
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane, we've been testing out NDI 3.5 and been loving the new features so far. Just curious if Mac OS users will be left out of the new NDI 3.5 features? Any timeline if the updates will be coming to the Apple camp?

Are you talking NDI 3.5 or NDI Tools?

NDI 3.5 is out for MacOSX (and Linux) with the SDK.

As for Tools, I'm not sure. Sienna might be able to jump if they have any plans on their NDI applications as well.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Just to point it out, OS X users did get some useful updates - specifically, Video Monitor can now be used to register third party HX devices, just like the Windows version; and more importantly, a brand new Access Manager application for OS X (with the same capabilities as the Windows version).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Oops, yeah, I was thinking about NDI tools, more specifically scan converter as I realize that it is still on Version 1.0

Nothing major honestly, just the annoyance that the cursor on Mac OS is not drawn exactly where is it is supposed to be.
    Last edited by nielyee; 06-13-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Updated website is now up listing new features.
    https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/

Just a quick recap.

Windows:
    NDI Scan Converter runs mostly in GPU with excellent performance and no noticeable overhead
    NDI Studio Monitor now has web base remote control features
    VLC 3.x plug-in
    NDI|HX drivers included
    NDI Virutal Input sends NDI video into webcam applications

Macintosh:
    NDI Access Manager, add your Mac to NDI groups and setup NDI sources on different subnets
    Very Important Note about NDI 3.5 on macOS
    --------------------------------------------------------

The current version of NDI Access Manager for macOS is *NOT* compatible with Sandboxed applications such as those from the macOS App Store. Any information entered into NDI Access Manager can not be accessed from sandboxed NDI apps and will be ignored. Clearly this affects a very large proportion of the macOS NDI apps which are out in the field - so it's important to share this information to prevent user frustration.

Some Sienna macOS apps have an alternative macOS subnet access solution and this continues to operate.
    We have already developed an app-store compatible solution for NDI Access and hopefully NewTek will implement this into a quick update to NDI Access Manager for macOS.

if anyone is affected by this, please contact NewTek support rather than the Developer of the affect App Store software, since the resolution needs to come from the NewTek side.

As the new scan converter needs at least windows 8, how can I install the new Studio Monitor, VLC plugin and NDI-HX, keeping the old scan converter 3.0? When I select just the applications that I need it removes the others, including the old scan converter.
    Last edited by Koinonia; 07-16-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    As the new scan converter needs at least windows 8, how can I install the new Studio Monitor, VLC plugin and NDI-HX, keeping the old scan converter 3.0? When I select just the applications that I need it removes the others, including the old scan converter.
    use NDI scan converter portable friend, i use it in that way and work fine =)

I was reading that NDI tools portable are not longer available, so I upload the version that I have . Hope can help
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvf6s7b7b...oYfnNcqAa?dl=0
    Last edited by alonso; 07-17-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

Are you talking NDI 3.5 or NDI Tools?

NDI 3.5 is out for MacOSX (and Linux) with the SDK.

As for Tools, I'm not sure. Sienna might be able to jump if they have any plans on their NDI applications as well.
    Some of the Sienna macOS apps have already been updated to use NDI 3.5 where there are functional benefits. Check in the App Store for details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12