Thread: NDI Test Pattern Standard

NDI Test Pattern Standard

Hi, using the NDI monitor tool, I can see that output standard from the Test Pattern tool is 1080p23.97. Can this be changed to say 1080i25, for example? Is there a setting for this?

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NDI Developer View Post
    Hi, using the NDI monitor tool, I can see that output standard from the Test Pattern tool is 1080p23.97. Can this be changed to say 1080i25, for example? Is there a setting for this?

Many thanks in advance.
    If you want an NDI Test Generator with more options, try the free NDI SignalGenerator for macOS. It has animated test patterns and a choice of frame rate / frame format (interlaced/progressive etc) - although its fixed at 1080 resolution.

http://sienna.tv/ndi

TEST PATTERNS program won't open full screen or standard size...unable to use.

I have an issue when opening Tricaster Mini "NDI Test Patterns" the program will no longer open on screen, but does appear to be running in the background (icon is present after clicking it) . It appears to be running in minimize mode and will not open up to be able to select different test patterns. I have uninstalled the NDI Tools twice and reinstalled, but no luck. If anyone has a solution I would be grateful to try. Thank You. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by superjoe View Post
    I have an issue when opening Tricaster Mini "NDI Test Patterns" the program will no longer open on screen, but does appear to be running in the background (icon is present after clicking it) . It appears to be running in minimize mode and will not open up to be able to select different test patterns. I have uninstalled the NDI Tools twice and reinstalled, but no luck. If anyone has a solution I would be grateful to try. Thank You. Joe
    I've noticed that NDI Test Patterns will open in the same place it was last run. So if you had multiple monitors connected and NDI Test Patterns was running on one of those displays, it probably is still opening up in the same location off screen.

If this is the case, there is a way to reset this (if you are comfortable going inside Windows folders).
    Open an explorer window and type "%localappdata%" in the path bar at the top (without the quotes).
    Then look for the a folder called "NDI_Test_Pattern_Generato"
    Inside you will see a folder(s), remove these folder(s). The next time you start NDI Test Patterns it will start with default settings.
    Last edited by kanep; 04-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

You can also click the Taskbar icon (to give the app focus), the hold SHIFT + the Windows key and tap the left cursor arrow to snap the app window to your (visible) screen.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    You can also click the Taskbar icon (to give the app focus), the hold SHIFT + the Windows key and tap the left cursor arrow to snap the app window to your (visible) screen.
    Didn't know that. Do this instead!
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.